• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

removing chain case cover

r6chiro

Veteran
Hi guys,

I'm trying to change the jackshaft bearing as per the instructions on the site. I've got the four bolts out of the cover and the coller off the bearing but the cover doesn't seem to want to give. Do you have to give it a pounding, or am I missing something?

thanks

There is one small bolt in the center of the cover that is often overlooked. That is if my memory serves me right. it is like a 8 mm or 10 mm bolt

Thanks, got that. It seems that bearing behind collar doesn't want to slide off shaft completely. i can move the entire cover back and fourth on shaft about 2"

On mine I used a rubber mallet and tapped it some and it came once i got it that far. Maxdlx

Thanks guys got it off. Trying to remove gear on driveshaft. It's not reverse threaded or anything wierd right? I'll look in other posts as well.

If you have reverse it will be the reverse fork hanging up on the gear collar you will have to reach behind the cover with your finger and get the reverse fork off the collar

Back