• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain Case question

Alexb00

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 XTX Nytro
Hello I just removed my chain case cover. I noticed the lower larger spring and bushing fell out. Cannot seem to get them to stay it it continues to pop out. Not sure if I’m missing something. (First time rookie) any help would be appreciated before I reassemble

30404E74-BC85-4F71-9979-DAFDB77348F7.jpeg

It appears you are missing a bolt:
MissingBolt.JPG

x2 on the bolt.

Thank you! turns out mines actually broken off inside. Was running it so I’m not sure if it’s a crucial piece but I’ll try to drill it out. Thanks for the help!

There is an updated bolt for that. Early models were known for the broken bolt. If left it could wear through the case, I would definitely replace that bolt.

Thank you! turns out mines actually broken off inside. Was running it so I’m not sure if it’s a crucial piece but I’ll try to drill it out. Thanks for the help!

use a left hand drill bit if you have one as you could get lucky. make sure you use red loctight on it and it is clean and dry. had one back out on me before.

Same here on my 2010 Venture GT. The internal E-clip they added to later years didn't stop the bouncing bolt from damaging the threads in the shaft and then proceed to make a perfectly round hole in my case but it didn't break in the shaft. A thread tap, new bolt, JB Weld and orange Loctite fixed it.

Common problem on the earlier versions of this as it wasn't engineered properly. The shaft was too short. Later version had a slightly longer shaft and different bushing.

Would anyone know the size of this bolt looking to get one at my hardware store but cannot seem to find any specs of it
I would pick up an OEM bolt in this case.

I replaced mine with the updated bolt form Yamaha when I did my first track change at 7500km, changed my track again at 17,000km bolt was still in one piece.

Back