• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Apex chain case help needed

rkkoeb

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
None right now
Need some help with the jackshaft/chain case. I broke a chain today and it took out the chain case so I need to replace it. I decided to do the jack shaft bearings at the same time so I removed the secondary clutch shaft and now not sure how it goes back in. My question is for the top gear of the chain case. I know there is a snap ring on the shaft behind the chain case cover but what other spacers goes on with the snap ring? Does anyone of a pic of the parts?

If you look up the exploded parts diagram for the chaincase in the parts finder it will show you everything you need to know.

Looks like 13 and 14 but would like to see a pic of these parts if possible

I just went through this.... I'm not sure if your chain case is exactly the same as my Nytro but I'm guessing it is.

There is a collar that has an o-ring inside it. The oring is to stop oil from leaking by the collar. It goes up against that snap ring. Then the case goes on. Once you snug those bolts down, there is another collar thats the same thickness that goes on the jackshaft. That collar has no oring inside of it. Then the top gear, then the nut.

Once you are done with the chain case and its all back together, then tighten the spanner nut.

In my case, somehow, possibly aliens, stole the collar that has the oring and took it to mars... never to be seen again. I have no idea where it went and had to order a new one through Yamaha.

I would also add its not a bad idea to order all new bearings and seals for the chain case at this time. Also make sure the reverse forks are set properly once the case is installed.

Back