• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacement Oil Filter

darv said:
Irv the dealer that is telling you for a oil & filter for your sled from yamaha is $90.00 is give you the shaft. The filter is made by DENSO in japan my dealer in canada charges 13.00 for oil a qt an the filter is 15.00, so the total is 54 so you are getting ripped and the yamaha is a good oil , I have a buddy who works for a a a AMSOIL an test the yamaha an told that it is a good oil, also I do not know why some one would pay 13k for a sled an complain about once a year an spend $50 for oil. When a good gallon of 2 stroke is about the same an you have to buy on a good year 3-4 gallons,

So.... the dealership does repairs for free?? :drink:

$54 parts + $45/hr labor= $94

AND, chances are it's more along the lines of $75/hr, and it's a 45 minute job. All repairs anymore (auto, ATV, snowmobile,boat, diesel, etc) are in a "guide" that tells how long the repair is booked out for. If the "guide" says 1.5 hrs, you are billed for 1.5 hrs labor. It may take the mechanic only 1 hr, but you can bet you will still be charged 1.5 hrs because the guide says so.

There is no way I would pay a shop to change my oil, but don't knock one for charging $95 for an oil change.

But he is doing his own work we are not talking about having the dealer do the job, just buy the parts an if the dealer is only charging $40.00 labor that's cheap sign me up,

darv said:
But he is doing his own work we are not talking about having the dealer do the job, just buy the parts an if the dealer is only charging $40.00 labor that's cheap sign me up,

Then I stand corrected. He's getting f^cked on oil & filter price from the stealer.

I'd be using Mobil 1 too.... oh wait I already do. :-o

I believe the oil has come down some since 4-5 yrs ago, but that was the price for FULL Synthetic back then, actually I think it was almost $21.00 bucks a liter.

I do my own stuff, and regardless if it is only a $50 dollar saving over using Yamalube, that $50 is a lot better in my pocket than it is theirs. ;)!
(plus, as you can see, my oil is a lot better than their's too!)

I look at that too but they where not testing the 2 snowmobile oils the full synth is made with easter an snow tech did a test on this an came up with it was a good oil.

I ran Hiflo oil filter and Honda HP4 cold climate 0-w30 last year. Used to run Maxima oil and K and N oil filter. Less expensive the Honda way and great quality! I believe Hiflo makes the K and N filters.

Last edited:
I ran Hiflo oil filter and Honda HP4 cold climate 0-w30 last year. Used to run Maxima oil and K and N oil filter. Less expensive the Honda way and great quality! I believe Hiflo makes the K and N filters.

Hi-Flo filters are great filters imo, been using them for years with zero issues, and the best part is, they are less than half the price of a Yamaha filter.

Back