• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacement upper guide wheels

AH- i was looking at the lowers...
Thanks for clarifying

Not to beat a dead horse here, but i ordered oem wheel assemblies this week and they are vastly different from the original 07 pieces. Pretty sure they are rubber, nice japan bearing, and a slot for the shock bolt. Pics later. They look much more similar to the arctic cat wheels pictured.

just reading this thread, great info, My question is : How many km on the sled before your looking at replacing the wheels. I have 5000km on mine and getting parts is always an online affairs giving my location, so getting the right part in canada sounds like a pain in the #*$&@, after reading the different bearings to wheel size etc.

well the phazer rtx i have is an 09 i bought used with 13500km on it now. i did a few last season with 11500km on it (milage i bought it at) and i only did 2 this year. both upper rears are now done as the wheels cracked at the snap ring groove. did the rear outers last year when i put 4th wheel kit on as stockers where the ones with non replaceable bearings. the ones on the front lower shock mount shaft are both done now. did one last year and had to do the other this year as the rubber was chunking off. all the other bearings where cleaned and repacked while skid is out converting it to rtx/xtx. speedo bearing was toast and from the looks of it i just installed the 3rd one this sled has had from how the shaft was marked up. also repacked the bearing behind the clutch for my peace of mind.

i check all my wheels at the beginning of the season and pull the ones that sound rough or dry to inspect them. speedo bearing gets repacked every season as i always find water in the bugger when i check it.

Tried the AC wheels today, they fit well , you just have to face them with the clips out and put a washer on the insde of your spring adjusters so they clear the fatter wheels. Oh and slot one of the holes in the wheel so you can get the shock bolt out easier.
Just did the Cat wheel upgrade as my 09 rtx uppers were loose on the bearings.. added the high gear spring spacers as well. I faced the snap rings inward like factory so they can be removed for future bearing replacement without destroying the wheels.. Not a whole lot of clearance but seems just fine! Thanks for the info!

Back