• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacing sliders

bonz,
I hope what you did is really an improvement. I'm willing to have an open mind about it. The only problem is that when I hear about positive results, I wonder if the comparison had the same conditions. You say there was less slide wear. Were the mileage, and conditions the same? did you compare slide wear with both before and after comparisons with new slides? A new slide will wear fast. A worn slide will wear slower.

Maybe you have discovered something, but I'd need more evidence to believe it.

Our washed, and polished cars run better than a dirty car, right?

As for the weight comment I meant why say the cutting saves 1 pound, when you have 30-50 pounds of ice on your suspension? Did you just eat a whopper, adding a pound to your sled?

You say there was less slide wear. Were the mileage, and conditions the same? did you compare slide wear with both before and after comparisons with new slides? A new slide will wear fast. A worn slide will wear slower.

Prior to cutting, the old slides got about 500 miles and were worn down enough to change them.

Yes, the conditions were actually pretty much the same.

Same slides from new, same sled, same riding area, similar conditions, 500 miles prior to cutting and worn out, 1000 miles after cutting and not worn out.

Our washed, and polished cars run better than a dirty car, right?

Not necessarily.

As for the weight comment I meant why say the cutting saves 1 pound, when you have 30-50 pounds of ice on your suspension?

I see what you mean now. I tried to take that back already in the reply to danq. It was originally meant as a facetious comment but didn't come out that way. Sorry.

Did you just eat a whopper, adding a pound to your sled?

No need to be rude, I was just trying to help out. I've taken a lot of great information from this site and was just trying to give some back. I didn't do a controlled scientific experiment with this, I'm just passing on something that works in the real world. I'm a 'newbie' to this great site, but I'm not exactly a novice.

I'm heading out for a ride now, have a safe and great weekend everyone, the weather here is great.

Back