• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Report on Simmons Gen 2 skis....

2XM3

Extreme
Well I tried a pair of Gen 2 10" wide with 6" carbide on my Apex. I have to say I am now nearer to heaven.... :jump: I am a big boy, 280, 6'6" and these skis are the best thing I ever did. We ride mostly deep powder and I went from stuck a lot to hardly getting stuck at all. And if you do dig her in you just clean the running board area and the bulkhead and bam your out and back on top. Steering effort is reduced about 20% and they track real nice. Eliminated some of the tendency of lifting the ski on hard pack high speed turns.
I also run the transfer rods in the maximum transfer position (nose lift) All in all I really like them and kudos to Simmions for making a GREAT product. Also ordered them and had them at my door in 2 days......Thanks Simmons.... :Rockon: :Rockon:

What skis dod you have before putting these on ? I am thinking of going that way.. I now run Powder Pros which I like like BUT is there better?
Glad they are good for ya :yam:

I love the Gen 2 for most applications.

Still undecided about side hilling.

I think the stock skis side hill better.

I love my gen 2`s we have three apex`s all with them and val simmons is the man.anyone see there new propane turbo set up for the apex? It`s SICK :Rockon:

I just went the opposite way been riding gen 2 for 2 years but wanted to have a set of gen 1 around for spring snow. put them on yesterday and trying them out this weekend. I'm thinking going from 48.5 wide to 44.5 wide im going to tip over a lot more lol

skis001.jpg

skis002.jpg

Back