• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reverse overide malfunction

muckstuffer

I've got an 05' grizzly 660 with a set of commander tracks that I use to plow my driveway. My reverse overide button doesn't seem to work and the engine continues to sputter at anything past 1/4 throttle while in reverse. Also, i've experienced a similar sputtering while plowing in low range. I noticed that when this occurs, the red reverse light on my instrument panel flashes on and off even while low range is engaged. I'm wondering if there's a problem in my linkage that's making the bike think it's in reverse when it's not? Is there possibly a faulty sensor? Is it the reverse overide switch? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

now I have not fixed this problem myself but my brother had a similar problem on his rhino. the revers switch works as an intrupter on the ground. what he did was move the wire from the switch on the motor to a bolt so it grounded all the time.

Ok upon some reaseach the fixes seem to be replacing the sensor and/or filing the gasket down so the switch works.

Found the how-to link on by-passing the switch. Performed it and the problem is solved. Thanks for the help.

Back