• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ringer boost at weenie roast lakewoods

I have a 998 with stage 4 pefi
I haven’t run it this year
I raced a well set up thundercat with chisels and tapp and stm turned up good and he got me by 1/2 to a sled and I’ll bet we went 1300 ft out
It was a ways
Most are way behind and that 998 against my pump gas boost is ms17 in the video
I’m sharing because there was a lot of interest before in a thread sideshow had and there also was with the mach z thread.
It’s a completely different animal than the 4 stroke and they are not going to have the reliability and that’s common sense. I’m not saying omg you have to buy one. Not for everyone. To say the performance isn’t there is false imo. I am running stock exhaust. It just doesn’t have much done to it.
I liked the idea of a factory 2 stroke and the fun involved in making something new fast and competitive. There are not too many fast boosts yet but next year there will be.
The four in the boost shootout are very fast
Bikeman race boost is also. Over 100 in 500 ft in snow. There were others up there also running hard. Lots of fast everything up there. I got beat and I won too. It was fun and enjoyable.

Seeing the outlaw sled go by with parachute was awesome. Those things are insane
So I know this is a 998 trail forum and this is off topic but it’s what is happening on the lake. Doesn’t apply to some

Mike, if you don’t care don’t read it. It took you 4 years to get your sidewinder to run and it still would be behind the boost on pump. There’s a pump gas one above. You are the reason I came here.
Ringer lol
I would’ve stuck with two strokes because when you had them at least you were fast

Don’t be offended but I’ll leave now
I don’t drink the cool-aid you push
24 time champ
Lol

Josh,
You were wondering why vmxrdr's post got liked. I just gave you the truth. People here don't give a crap about a two-stroke boost.

Don't be a prick and get kicked off like you've been the last three or four times with different screen names. Try to keep this one active........

I share real info and if that’s being a prick that I am
I am not offended if I get beat by a skidoo or a cat or a Yamaha
I think it’s great there’s more than a single sled made that’s fast

At the end of the day people like you make the racing garbage
All excuses and sore losers this that
Whatever you win

Last edited:
Trailleader, I don't mind hearing about your sled.
But why get offended that someone posts that they can do a multi-day trip on pump gas at big HP levels that NO other manufacturer can except Cat and Yamaha?
IMO, the boost(and the Doo turbo) would get a bit more respect from me if it was fast with a tune on PUMP gas.
To be honest, NO ONE I know runs octane boost, let alone carries it with them on trips, nor do they want to.

Last edited:
I’m not offended I just think that it’s ridiculous to call people stupid for liking something different.
I think it’s great that people ride 600 miles a day on straight trails as far as you can see! We don’t ride like that here. I read all over here that people use Boostane in their 998. I did too
It’s fun to say that the mach z was slow and pick on people who bought them. Call them stupid and what a piece of crap it is. Those are good sleds although they may not be as fast. So that makes the 998 a lake racer.
Fast forward to the boost that’s also made fun of. 998 is king of the lake right? I have both and actually have put a lot of time in both and the boost is faster with a lot less done. Now you’re just trail riders! Lol
I cannot get 93 pump gas where I ride if I could that Boostane tune has worked on it so I guess it’s pump gas.
Excuses are too many and when I personally see a fast sled I call I fast and don’t pick it apart. If it’s fast it’s fast and who cares what gas is in it.
I never bashed the 998
The doos and poos have been thoroughly bashed. All the sleds have their own issues and one doesn’t fit all. This is showing how a sled performs on the lake and some care some do not.
The boost is absolutely fast and that has now been documented

Last edited:
I share real info and if that’s being a prick that I am
I am not offended if I get beat by a skidoo or a cat or a Yamaha
I think it’s great there’s more than a single sled made that’s fast

At the end of the day people like you make the racing garbage
All excuses and sore losers this that
Whatever you win

Josh,
You’re just not getting the point. I’m not racing for one, I’m not making excuses for anything. You come here to a Yamaha 998 trail forum bragging about how fast the boost is and want people to respect that, but you are the one getting offended when they tell you that they are RIDING for miles on end and backpacking across the land. You are then get all defensive and start rambling about it in defense, blaming others because they don’t agree with your choice.

What you fail to understand is you won’t get traction with your choice here because it’s not a Polaris forum, It’s not a racing forum, and what your riding and doing isn’t in any way relevant to the culture here. You are going to get pushback. You in no way should be attacking me or anyone else here for just pointing that out. All you are trying to do is stir the pot and make trouble and this is what has got you tossed in the past. I don’t want that to happen because you do bring much to the table, but you have to be able to see what you are doing to keep that from happening again.

It’s ok to defend your choice in machines and beliefs, just see if you can try not to piss off your friends and the community in the process and get all crazy in that defense. We all go to competing forums to defend our choices, but you can’t get upset like this when you get the push back, because you will get push back. Nowhere did anyone call you names or call you stupid. If you interpret that internally, then that’s on you, because I didn’t see where anyone here did that. Take It down a notch or two pal and realize where you are.

I’m not offended I just think that it’s ridiculous to call people stupid for liking something different.
I think it’s great that people ride 600 miles a day on straight trails as far as you can see! We don’t ride like that here. I read all over here that people use Boostane in their 998. I did too
It’s fun to say that the mach z was slow and pick on people who bought them. Call them stupid and what a piece of crap it is. Those are good sleds although they may not be as fast. So that makes the 998 a lake racer.
Fast forward to the boost that’s also made fun of. 998 is king of the lake right? I have both and actually have put a lot of time in both and the boost is faster with a lot less done. Now you’re just trail riders! Lol
I cannot get 93 pump gas where I ride if I could that Boostane tune has worked on it so I guess it’s pump gas.
Excuses are too many and when I personally see a fast sled I call I fast and don’t pick it apart. If it’s fast it’s fast and who cares what gas is in it.
I never bashed the 998
The doos and poos have been thoroughly bashed. All the sleds have their own issues and on doesn’t fit all. This is showing how a sled performs on the lake and some care some do not.
I think it's all good what you done with the boost, you finally gave the sidewinder some competition great results, i can't understand why everyone is so upset about this it just shows we need to step up are game to be back out front again, good job.

Thank you
I’m running BCM stuff and he has a lot of time in the tuning. Credit goes to him and I’m just enjoying what tunes he’s providing.
Speedwerx sleds at roast were also very very fast. Lots coming for these sleds
It’s a fun time in the sport when oems are getting back into the fast sled game, not just one.

I never bashed the 998
The doos and poos have been thoroughly bashed. All the sleds have their own issues and one doesn’t fit all. This is showing how a sled performs on the lake and some care some do not.
Sidewinder trail talk ??? Sidewinder 4 stroke… Most on here don’t care about your 2 smoke… Not bashing you for your selection, to each his own… Iam sure the time and money is well spent, after all its guys like you that keep the industry going. Even if its all about a short race..

That’s a fair statement
As I stated before if I rode in the country on those trails I’d have my 998
It’s better suited for that and no argument there from me

What did you do all weekend
500 miles is less than 5 hours
Lol
Just bustin your balls
How where trails up in Munising
They were good in wi

Back