• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

riser's for apex?

Where is the best place to get the Rox risers in Canada?
If I went with a 4 or 5 inch riser what cables would I need and any idea how much they would cost?
Is it a big job to change the cables?
thanks

you have to have a little mech ability to change the cables. If you can change the oil on an apex you should be able to change the cables.

I got mine at proline in S'toon. i think they had another set. Run about 100$.

2 inch is easy to do with no cable changes. If you can adjust your handlebars you can add the rox risers.

you want the set for the 7/8 bars.

there are other risers that you can buy anywhere but the rox look the best. I will take a picture tomrow and post it for you.

Just changed my cable for a 3 1/2"Rox, hardest part is not losing the tiny screws and pin in the throttle assembly when u take it abart, took bout an hour for the job and another hour searching the machine for the damn parts I dropped down in the engine compartment plus gas and tolls to the hardware store for the ones that got away. Good Luck!

Jeckylll, I'll be in Stoon on Saturday. Did you get the Rox riser from Proline or Rec Supply or somewhere else? Does it go straight up or pivot forward a bit?
thanks

I thought the worst part was actually the end of the cable down on the throttle body. I needed a buddy to hold the cam up so I could use long needle noses to slide the barrel end of the cable in its slot.
The flipper end went right in without taking off the block up top, just slides through with a tug.

Cables

wildbonz

I put on the muffin works 8" riser and adapter block on a 08 LTXGT - if I recall it gave me about 3" taller than stock - the stock cable/brake line worked ok with some re-routing, I had to get rid of the parking brake, could not make that work or find an extension. I do have a factory yamaha mountain cable that I bought but did not need - If you live in Saskatoon and can pick it up during work hours $20bucks, I also still have the Muffin Works riser - $80 - let me know.

i used the rox kit,it gives back and forth movement as well as a little higher than stock

Attachments

• rox risers.jpg
    rox risers.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 90
Well I put the Muffinworks riser I bought from dilligaf52 last week on and love it. It is actually 5 inches higher than the stock riser on my Attak. I changed the throttle cable to the mountain one, made a slight adjustment to the brake line and that's all I had to do. Everything works great. The parking brake still works, too.

What a great difference in ride, standing up now is very comfortable, I'm about 6'4" and this is nice.

if i went with teh 2' RISER WOULD THIS MAKE MY POWERMADD HAND GUARDS CLEAR THE WINDSHIELD WHen i turn really sharp|? Mine are just touching all thway to left or right plus id like to have my guards tilted down a little more so the mirrors are doing some good then lol

happy1426 said:
if i went with teh 2' RISER WOULD THIS MAKE MY POWERMADD HAND GUARDS CLEAR THE WINDSHIELD WHen i turn really sharp|? Mine are just touching all thway to left or right plus id like to have my guards tilted down a little more so the mirrors are doing some good then lol

Yes it does help clear your windsheild at full lock...

Attachments

• CIMG0003.JPG
    CIMG0003.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 82

Back