• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

road-runners.ca

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet

Those look cool, but as was already asked, HOW MUCH and Are they available?????? ;)!

Available now! for $650.00 complete with all necessary hardware and instruction. The wheel kit weights 3 lbs each & the compressor weight 4 lbs. I have them on My sled , makes for easy steering on the road when I go to the gas station, not scaping my driveway or garage floor. Oh yeah! its all stainless , no rust ,no painting ever!

Sorry, too much $$$ for what they accomplish imo.
For someone else, it might be the ticket though.

This is REALLY cool technology but the price is a little too step. To make matters even worse for us in the US is how strong the CAD $ is to USD $. We lost our good Canadian deals.

Somebody (maybe the same people that make this product) makes these without the actuators. You have to put the wheels down, and up, manually.

I ran into a guy at Pat's in Greenland MI with a set of those. He said they weren't as expensive.

They would be fine if you didn't have to use them a lot. They would sure be handy at home, and when getting gas on a bare concrete slab.

road-runners

I've seen the manual one's, but there's no better feeling coming to the road crossing flipping a switch an in less then 2 second your wheels are down,crossing, not hearing your carbine runners grinding away switch again 1-2 second an wheels are back up & on your way. not having to stop get off the machine to use the wheels (think about this, you guys sound like your fathers!.... when you said electric start or reverse. but I bet you could not live without it now!!!!!!!!!!!How much do expensive carbine runners cost & how offen do you have to bye them. it add up you know.

$650 for a set of wheels, i use about 2 sets of runners a year so that are about $80 each. 650/80=8 so you could buy 8 sets of runners for about the same price, thats 4 years of runners, assuming that with normal trail riding one set of runners would last 4 years? still seems like its a little too much.

Pretty neat stuff! I wonder if something could be adapted on them to work as ice scratchers as well? It would be pretty cool to be riding down an icy trail, have the temp light come on and then flip a switch to put scratchers down. Just an idea...

As far as the price goes. I think $650 isn't too far off. Stainless steel construction, compressor and all the fittings and controls will add up. Carbides are about $80 to buy, but some don't want to replace runners themselves or ride around with worn ones.

Besides, what the "holy cow, that's cool! " comments from your buddies worth? :-o

My biggest worry would be hitting something with my ski and smashing the fancy stainless steel actuator. Shouldn't be much of an issue for trail riders though.

Back