• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rocztoyz heated hand grips issue?

madhatter275

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 Apex
09 Nytro
I have a heated hand grip issue that and was wondering if anyone can help. This sled is secondhand and the damned heated and grips won't turn off and reach nuclear level. There is a Rocztoys module with some spliced wires and I was wondering if maybe something got "#$%&*" in their repair or if anyone has any info on it because I can't find it online or on their site.

Should I switch to a stock one or a different module if it's at all possible.

Thanks!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:

At one time, @Rockmeister provided a toggle switch to turn off the handwarmer but no one ever used it. Now when you use the handwarmer switch to attempt to turn them off (ie. no bars showing), it's actually the reverse and puts them into nuclear mode; I use this mode when starting out when bars are cold. Therefore, the lowest setting you can set them at without going into this mode is to show at least one bar; no bars indicates nuclear mode.

As for switching to stock, unless you want cold hands, I would recommond against it. Instead, I would either contact Rock to see about wiring in a toggle switch if you really want to completely turn them off or just use the 'one-bar-showing' as the lowest setting. He is really great to work with. Hope this helps. ;)!

Where Rock's hand warmers really shine is that the heat level is not controlled/based on RPMs like the stock ones are/were. In stock form, you could have them on full mode but be cuising at 6000-8000rpms and they would not get hot. With his kit, whatever setting you put them at, they will provide that heat setting regardless of how fast or slow you are going. That is why they can get extremely hot just idling.

Where Rock's hand warmers really shine is that the heat level is not controlled/based on RPMs like the stock ones are/were. In stock form, you could have them on full mode but be cuising at 6000-8000rpms and they would not get hot. With his kit, whatever setting you put them at, they will provide that heat setting regardless of how fast or slow you are going. That is why they can get extremely hot just idling.
Yeah, I think I'll just wire in a kill switch to be able to kill them completely when I want to go all natural. Should fix my issues.

Thanks for all the help!

Definitely he replaced a power supply I broke wire on and it was my fault I swung whole goggle pouch full of crap from the poor wire. I had just mentioned it to him never even paid yet! I definitely will. Just call or write him. No worries.

Back