• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rode my new Phazer, it has a serious problem.

woolf said:
buddhahead said:
snomaniac said:
woolf, here's my .02. Get a freeride track. I studded my stock track and still had a ton of track spin compared to my uncles phazer with the freeride, it's a HUGE improvement. Then buy some after market ski's, slydog, usi spx, c&a "ad" model with at least 6 inch carbide. We have tried all three of these and all work good. Stock ski's are worthless imo. Pull the limiter strap up and leave one hole remaining. This will give you more ski pressure. It'll cost you some coin but the difference will be unreal. We both run 07 phazer standards here's our set ups:

my uncle: 121 freeride track, sly dog trail version ski 6inch carbide, stock sway bar, fx shock in rear suspension only, 4th rear axel wheel kit, low snow wheel kit, sno cross torsion spring kit, ( rear sup.), hauck gyt-r-done kit ( exhaust,fuel module,clutch kit, intake kit) IT IS A BLAST TO RIDE.

Mine: 128x 1.375x 13.5 sno pro track, rail ext. to 128, walker evans dragon rmk shocks in both rear susp. positions, snocross torsion spring kit, low snow wheels, 4th rear axel wheel kit, usi spx ski's with 8 inch shaper bars, schmidt bros sway bar( awesome), schmidt bros pipe, clutch kit, intake kit. I absolutely love this thing, it's rides so much better than stock it's crazy.

I'm sure there's other, cheaper ways, but this is what we have done for trail shredding.

Do you mean 1 hole remaining or move it 1 hole from stock? Just for my clarification. Thanks

I have the same question. It seems like I would be taking a lot out of the rear suspension if I left only one open.

Stock on my '08 standard front strap was the first hole (loosest setting) I moved it up two holes tighter, and took all the preload out of the front. Cured the pushing, and still can still wheely easily...

buddhahead said:
snomaniac said:
woolf, here's my .02. Get a freeride track. I studded my stock track and still had a ton of track spin compared to my uncles phazer with the freeride, it's a HUGE improvement. Then buy some after market ski's, slydog, usi spx, c&a "ad" model with at least 6 inch carbide. We have tried all three of these and all work good. Stock ski's are worthless imo. Pull the limiter strap up and leave one hole remaining. This will give you more ski pressure. It'll cost you some coin but the difference will be unreal. We both run 07 phazer standards here's our set ups:

my uncle: 121 freeride track, sly dog trail version ski 6inch carbide, stock sway bar, fx shock in rear suspension only, 4th rear axel wheel kit, low snow wheel kit, sno cross torsion spring kit, ( rear sup.), hauck gyt-r-done kit ( exhaust,fuel module,clutch kit, intake kit) IT IS A BLAST TO RIDE.

Mine: 128x 1.375x 13.5 sno pro track, rail ext. to 128, walker evans dragon rmk shocks in both rear susp. positions, snocross torsion spring kit, low snow wheels, 4th rear axel wheel kit, usi spx ski's with 8 inch shaper bars, schmidt bros sway bar( awesome), schmidt bros pipe, clutch kit, intake kit. I absolutely love this thing, it's rides so much better than stock it's crazy.

I'm sure there's other, cheaper ways, but this is what we have done for trail shredding.

Do you mean 1 hole remaining or move it 1 hole from stock? Just for my clarification. Thanks
1 hole remaining, and I haven't felt any rear suspension effects. It gives ya more ski pressure. I also moved my ski spacers both to one side of the spindle to increase ski stance. That made a difference too.( thanks to cannondale for that trick). :rocks:

woolf said:
I am sick of almost running into trees and blowing corners. I have very little time on sleds, but have been riding sport quads for years. It feels very similar to my YFZ, but no matter how much I hang off the side, the thing wants to push through every freaking corner. Someone please help!!! :o|

Welcome to the phazer world, not so much to do with the push through corners. If you change carbides and get it to hook up the next question I think you are going to ask is: How can I get this thing to not be so scary tippy through cornering..

woolf said:
This may sound strange in the world of snowmobiles, but I love to be able to pull the skis off the ground. To me there is nothing more fun than blasting through the corner and pulling the skis on exit, that to me feels just like my YFZ. If I upgrade to the 136" track, will I be able to still do this?

I dont think it sounds strange because I really like that feeling to. But you will have to get a different sled if you want to discover this. The phazer do not have the power to do this, also there is no possibility to adjust weight transefer on this sled.

I had a 07 fx wich I piped, different skis, added the freeride track and a Ulmer clutch kit(2 last mods made a huge improvement!) I really liked this sled except from the scary push and tippyness. And yes, I tryed all the set up recomendations tips on this forum in a hope to solve the push/tippy thing but I'v never got rid of them..

The tippy part feels almost normal to me. Very much like a sport quad or dirt bike. I am also still amazed by how many people feel this thing is low on power. To me it has tons of low end go.

I know the feeling.I do think a 136 track will make it worse.On a quad the reason coming out of a corner you can feel the frontend come up is because you are spinning the tires all the way around the corner and then when you get back on seat exiting the spinning tires hook up hard.Front end floats.

On a phazer unless its icy or rough spinning track all the way around corner is not going to happen.It will either hook up or roll.136 will add more traction making spinning harder.I am not saying that the phazers way of cornering is slow sometimes its not and coming out of corners it should be easy to get front end up by just lengthening limiter but slowing for the corner like I always do is definitely not as fun as pitching the backend around and sliding under full power all the way around.Apex or SRX does big highspeed corners better.Get in some big holes or give me a berm and then Phazer rocks in the corners.

woolf said:
Everyone's responses are awesome. Thanks for all the help guys. I think I am going to get the freeride track in the off season here, and maybe some skis if I can come by some cheap. This may sound strange in the world of snowmobiles, but I love to be able to pull the skis off the ground. To me there is nothing more fun than blasting through the corner and pulling the skis on exit, that to me feels just like my YFZ. If I upgrade to the 136" track, will I be able to still do this?

How will the track help with the push in the corners? If you install a better grabbing track w/o changing skis/carbides you will have more push I think - it will cause the machine to want to keep going in a straight line.

In the conditions (soft fluff with no bottom) you describe, carbides will make little or difference. I think the single best mod would be to upgrade your skis (wider with more keel) first - these things are heavy on the front and just will not respond with the stock skis. My VL is even heavier than yours but new skis made a big diff - when I'm riding on soft snow I'm amazed at the skis and how they stay up. Turning in soft stuff is still not perfect but much better.

If possible, try someone else's machine first with different skis, etc to compare as it is always a little unsettling to be putting on aftermarket stuff based on other's opinions.

Look here: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=71148

All the best,

sniperviper said:
woolf said:
I am sick of almost running into trees and blowing corners. I have very little time on sleds, but have been riding sport quads for years. It feels very similar to my YFZ, but no matter how much I hang off the side, the thing wants to push through every freaking corner. Someone please help!!! :o|

Welcome to the phazer world, not so much to do with the push through corners. If you change carbides and get it to hook up the next question I think you are going to ask is: How can I get this thing to not be so scary tippy through cornering..

woolf said:
This may sound strange in the world of snowmobiles, but I love to be able to pull the skis off the ground. To me there is nothing more fun than blasting through the corner and pulling the skis on exit, that to me feels just like my YFZ. If I upgrade to the 136" track, will I be able to still do this?

I dont think it sounds strange because I really like that feeling to. But you will have to get a different sled if you want to discover this. The phazer do not have the power to do this, also there is no possibility to adjust weight transefer on this sled.

I had a 07 fx wich I piped, different skis, added the freeride track and a Ulmer clutch kit(2 last mods made a huge improvement!) I really liked this sled except from the scary push and tippyness. And yes, I tryed all the set up recomendations tips on this forum in a hope to solve the push/tippy thing but I'v never got rid of them..
The schmidt bros sway bar helps alot on the tippiness.( highly recommend) The spacer trick on the skis to widen the stance is another tangible change for the better. More ski pressure and aggressive , wider skis and I also put a slightly shorter shock in both front and rear positions in the rear skid. Like 1/4 IN. shorter. My ride height is lower than stock. I think the 128in track helps too.

Back