• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rode the Warrior for 300 miles!

Mighty

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
22 Mach Z
23 Sidewinder SRX
First off, let me start by saying that being a former RX-1 owner I'm very pleased with the Warrior! Every area of concern was indeed improved upon. The ride is simply awesome, night and day difference between the two. Stability with the 136 in skid is awesome. All the guys I rode with (all shorties and studded) complained of fish tailing and loose feeling. Completely straight and solid with the Warrior at any speed. Cornering is flat and I averaged 16.2 mpg's. I haven't made any adjustments to the suspension, none seem to be needed. It gets to 100 very very quickly but stays there. This is a point of concern, my RX-1 would reach 125 easily on the dream meter. I don't know if it's the 136 inch skid, the K&N's or if maybe Yamaha calibrated the speedo's to actually read more accurately.

If you guys have a RX-1 convert it to a Warrior! If you are buying , buy a Warrior!

Glad you finally went out a rode that thing Mighty :!: Its about time.

The speed loss should not be from the 136" skid.

The testing that has been done around here says the TPS adj. will loose top speed. Most have been adjusted back to stock voltage or slightly more (.9) and speed returned.

Mighty, I have seen 120 MPH on my speedometer at least 4 times. I have Freddies filters, and I weight 260 lbs, so you should be seeing better then 100 MPH.

BBW, do you have stock clutching? Mine is and I have the secondary set at 6&2 while she's breaking in trying to increase the RPM's.

I too have ECP filters and stage two clutch kit.and.. When i ran it in HOughton Michagan it would pull only 105mph... after adding more weight to the HHs it dropped the RPMs from 10,700 to 10,200-010,300 and adjusting the TPS. but top speed was about the same on rought trails 103-105...

Only time i went faster than that was on a paved road..116 Before i hit the tree..

I think the ECP filters are killing the TOP END!! Stock warriors with just the stage two clutch kits are seeing 130 on the dream meter...

Im going to leave off the ECP filters when i get my NEW warrior and just run the HHs and see what i get...

THe filters might look good on paper but out in the field we are apparently seeing otherwise...They make the sled feel faster in the midrange but i think they are majorly killing the top end.. WHY I DONT KNOW!!

Let it Ride said:
Only time i went faster than that was on a paved road..116 Before i hit the tree..

funny stuff welter

glad you're OK

LOL i have to keep reminding myself !!! :lol:

Back