• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ROV for a Phazer with Boondocker turbo kit

DigitalFusion

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
14 Viper LTX, 10 Turbo Phazer MTX, 08 Phazer, 88 SnoScoot
Hey All,

I picked up a phazer mtx with a Boondockers turbo kit on it. This kit is a sidemount which eliminates the radiator, and replaces the oil can with a custom made unit that gets relocated to the subframe (tube on the right is the breather):

What can I do for a roll over valve in this situation? Will any of the regular 'kits' work for this? @Mtnviper , would one of your kits work for this?

OILCAN.png

oilcan_breather.png

Last edited:

DigitalFusion,

E-mail sent!

To answer your question for other members reading, yes the ROV kit will work with the Boondocker tank. In this case the shut off valve would be installed in the breather hose on the clutch side in the pic.
Also I forgot to mention this before, but if the hose shown in the pics is heater hose then you'll want to replace it with fuel/emissions hose. Heater hose can swell up and get soft when exposed to oil. While fuel/emissions hose is resistant to oil.
Most larger auto parts stores will have 5/8" fuel/emissions hose in bulk for a reasonable price.

BTW, I like checking out your Phazer build threads!;)!

Thanks Bill. It sounds like the real trick is going to be mounting the valve itself. I'm not sure there is enough room to properly orientate the valve. I set the intercooler back on, and lifted it up about an inch to take this picture

OilLineClearance.png

It seems the IC actually pushes down against the oil lines.

Last edited:
The more I am sitting here staring at this thing and thinking about it, if a person were to mount the valve behind/up against the filler tube, it would be close to the right angle, the catch would be getting the lines run. I think with a handful of fittings and a bunch of trial and error, it might just work

Back