• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ROX Risers for XTX

cmd951

Veteran
What is the maximum Rox riser height that can be used on an 2009 XTX without changing cables? I see Rox makes a 2" and 3.5", nothing in between.

The one that was the most problem was the park brake cable, the others I don't think were that bad. If my sled was here I'd take a picture for you. Just take a good look at what would make sense, it for sure does work.

Thanks, I was looking at the plastic pieces that runs along the rad and figured it could be slotted to free up some slack for the brack cables.

That's what I did. I'm stupid and don't know how to do a link to some pictures I took, but do a search for "Apex riser on XTX?", and you'll see them.

Get the MTX ebrake cable, its longer. I have a Rox 3.5 to 5 adjustable riser with a post relocate and a Fly Racing post/tube adapter and was fine at the 3.5 position with stock cables (other then then MTX ebrake), I had to put on a RSI race bend bar to make my riser adjustable ( factory bars have 2-3in rise in them.

Take a look at Lake Effect Snow risers:

XTX 2.5" Pivot Riser

I rode with this setup and all of the cable fit no problem. Because I am 6'6" tall I ended up switching to the 2.5" Pivot Adapter and adding the 4" Riser. This setup needed the longer throttle and parking brake cable. I ordered both of those cables for the Nytro MTX and they fit great, they are both about 2" longer than the XTX stock.

Chris at Lake Effect has been a pleasure to work with, I have had several great conversations with him and he is definitely passionate about making a great product and standing behind it!

Here are the before and after pics.

Attachments

• Lake Effect 2.5 in Pivot Adapter and 4 in Riser2.jpg
    Lake Effect 2.5 in Pivot Adapter and 4 in Riser2.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Lake Effect 2.5 in Pivot Adapter and 4 in Riser1.jpg
    Lake Effect 2.5 in Pivot Adapter and 4 in Riser1.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Lake Effect 2.5 in Riser.jpg
    Lake Effect 2.5 in Riser.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 147

Back