• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Venture high idle/rev??

dexter

TY 4 Stroke Master
I just added an 05 to the yami stable here for the wife and kids.... when sled starts up it most of the time will idle at about 1,500 and as soon as I touch the gas it goes nuts to 3,500 and wants to move. so bad the belt is making a lot noise rattling around. Is this a idle issue or carbs? I wonder if the previous owner messed with the idle cause he said it was running rough.. thanks

Engine idle is 1400 +/- 100 rpm, after your engine has completely warmed up. Venture clutch engagement is at 3200 rpm. If the previous owner said it was running rough, usually a sign the carbs may need a good cleaning ( certainly wouldn't hurt). He may have also tried to fix his issue and made it worse. At the start of every season I run a full can of sea foam or good carb cleaner in a full tank of fresh gas and go for a good rip to clean evrything out. In the summer I stabalize the gas really well and run the sled once a month, keeps my sleds running smoothly.

I agree with your ideas and I have never had an issue with my warrior, but this is not right. I may take the belt off and try to work with the idle.

My Venture (09) does that as well (although only revs up to and stays at about 2500 rpms) and will not idle back to 1400-1500 unless you shut it off and restart it, and even then it sometimes will still idle at 2500. Has done that since I bought it new in Jan. My old man bought the same sled when I bought mine and his will do that once in a while but almost always idles back down to the correct idle range. I would like to know what you find out as I would like to correct my issue as well. If not, I will bring it into the dealer at the start of the season and post the fix for it.

I didn't want to mess with the idle screw as I didn't think it would idle well when it actually was idling at 1500. I thought maybe it could be a leak in the intake or something causing it to idle up like that. Nonetheless, like you I would like to have it run the way it should as well.

weird... my 04 warrior revs up a bit, but settles right down. this venture rev's so high the clutch engages. It must be, or I hope, it's just a carb issue. I will post when I figure it out.

I had an idle issue after having my cam chain tensioner replaced. The timing was a notch off on the chain.It would not idle down. If I turned the idle down it would stall and start hard. I got it timed correctly and it's perfect. Did the tensioner get replaced on yours? Also what thrasher said about seafoam. You can try the idle screw as it's real simple and it's very sensitive as to the right position for idle return. Just move it in tiny adjustments. Good luck!

sunk the carbs for 24 hours in the tank and then synched them. now I have no issues. for the moment. keep my fingers crossed.

sunk the carbs for 24 hours in the tank and then synched them. now I have no issues. for the moment. keep my fingers crossed.
hi . i have same issue. Did the problem ever xame back?

Back