• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Venture TF- New, and not pleased.

yep, found the bag from hunting for an Apex bag. Have one sourced out.
Back rack--no luck- no one has them. Need the one specific for this machine as the trunk lid folding up negates any aftermarket unit.
Often need to carry a chain saw when blazing a trail in -18klm to an off grid camp in the middle of no where. Once trail blazed and hard ,can go back and get sleigh for more gear. On my RS Venture I can remove the back seat and carry my MS260 in the empty pocket. This TF has no such provisions. Nor does it have the motorcycle style rack like the RS does, that Ive mounted a custom top case to. View attachment 136499

With these 3 bags this machine can carry a lot of gear.

The Apex tank bag is same number as the Venture Tf as well. What we do at the club to carry saws is to take three peices of plywood a few inches wider then the bar and a bit longer. Then we mark out the bar size on one and cut it out. Sandwich the three together with bolts and bracket it to the bumper or tunnel of our work sleds. Couple of U clamps through an 1 1/2 to 2 inch Aluminum angle piece width of bar holder to the bumper on one side and a long 1 inch aluminum angle to the bumper on the other side with an U clamp! Don't hang it to low!

I have about 1/2 mile to clear but I drop my saw in my Canvas carry bag and put it on the running board. Foot holds the saw in place by the blade but I dont have passenger foot rests that would get in the way!

I'm sure you could have a rack custom fabricated at a local welding shop. As much as Yamaha wants for racks it might not cost you that much more and you would have something exactly to your specifications.

With these 3 bags this machine can carry a lot of gear.[/QUOTE]
yep, found the bag from hunting for an Apex bag. Have one sourced out.
Back rack--no luck- no one has them. Need the one specific for this machine as the trunk lid folding up negates any aftermarket unit.
Often need to carry a chain saw when blazing a trail in -18klm to an off grid camp in the middle of no where. Once trail blazed and hard ,can go back and get sleigh for more gear. On my RS Venture I can remove the back seat and carry my MS260 in the empty pocket. This TF has no such provisions. Nor does it have the motorcycle style rack like the RS does, that Ive mounted a custom top case to. View attachment 136499

Hello! Great looking machine! We recently purchased a 2016 Venture and are looking to stud the track.
Am I correct to see that your track is studded? If so, what brand of tunnel protectors did you use? Please let me know as I am very curious.

Hello! Great looking machine! We recently purchased a 2016 Venture and are looking to stud the track.
Am I correct to see that your track is studded? If so, what brand of tunnel protectors did you use? Please let me know as I am very curious.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the Venture has for a track but beware which studs you buy. Woody's application guide has my 2016 Vector XTX listed as a 2 ply. It's not. I called Camoplast which was real helpfual a couple of times. I gave them the part number off the track. They looked up who designed it etc. Said it's a 1 ply. I told Woody's 3 times and they still have't corrected the application guide for this track. Also if you look at the windows you can see the single ply. Not always the way but on this track it's obvious that it looks single ply. But I went by Camoplast. Thankful I called them.

Thank you for the information! I will double check to see if the track is single vs double ply. So I am assuming the track on your sled is studded? Did you use the Yamaha tunnel protectors?

Thank you for the information! I will double check to see if the track is single vs double ply. So I am assuming the track on your sled is studded? Did you use the Yamaha tunnel protectors?

Yes I used Woody's Grand Masters made for single ply with their single ply pattern for 146 in track. I added extra protection to gain to 1 1/2 in over cooler. On LTX machines this was needed with a 1.25 track lug depth and 1.325 woody's. I have a 1.25 as well and used 1.325 Grandmasters.

If you want a ridiculously quiet 2 up sled best to buy a xp/g4 Ski-Doo 4-stroke. They even have accessories, probably more than you can imagine.

Yes I used Woody's Grand Masters made for single ply with their single ply pattern for 146 in track. I added extra protection to gain to 1 1/2 in over cooler. On LTX machines this was needed with a 1.25 track lug depth and 1.325 woody's. I have a 1.25 as well and used 1.325 Grandmasters.

That sounds perfect! I measured from the front cooler to top of the lug today and there is approximately 1.325" of clearance. So with a stud similar to yours, there would be approxomately 1"- 1.125" of clearance after a stud is in place. To my knowledge the tunnel protectors are 1", what did you use to increase to 1.5" of clearance?

That sounds perfect! I measured from the front cooler to top of the lug today and there is approximately 1.325" of clearance. So with a stud similar to yours, there would be approxomately 1"- 1.125" of clearance after a stud is in place. To my knowledge the tunnel protectors are 1", what did you use to increase to 1.5" of clearance?

I used Starboad in black. 3/4 in is good. Some use Hyfax but I love the Starboad. You can buy it in small pieces. Cut it sand it etc.
I cut it to start from behind cooler to past the front of cooler towards the upper wheels. Tapering the front down so when backing up there isn't a lip to catch. I ended it were I could run a bolt up thru the protector near the front. And a bolt in the rear. Also a bolt just in front of the cooler. I bought a right angle drill to clear the track. Best to drop the top wheels as it's much easier.
Not sure how different your venture is or if this is needed but on our LTX's it's a sure thing. Lot's off documented post's of trashing the cooler without the 1 1/2 in. I did my XTX cause I wasn't sure being no posts on it. New style skid,not many sold is the reason.

I used Starboad in black. 3/4 in is good. Some use Hyfax but I love the Starboad. You can buy it in small pieces. Cut it sand it etc.
I cut it to start from behind cooler to past the front of cooler towards the upper wheels. Tapering the front down so when backing up there isn't a lip to catch. I ended it were I could run a bolt up thru the protector near the front. And a bolt in the rear. Also a bolt just in front of the cooler. I bought a right angle drill to clear the track. Best to drop the top wheels as it's much easier.
Not sure how different your venture is or if this is needed but on our LTX's it's a sure thing. Lot's off documented post's of trashing the cooler without the 1 1/2 in. I did my XTX cause I wasn't sure being no posts on it. New style skid,not many sold is the reason.

Thanks again! You are sharing what I am looking for and seeing when looking under the skid. I looked up the Starboard you referred to, looks like great stuff especially knowing it can be cut, sanded, etc. I don't have the tunnel protectors as of yet, but from what I am understanding you're using the Starboard as a spacer, great idea. We have a local West Marine dealer, maybe they have something. Otherwise, using the tunnel protectors with an extra 0.5" is a great idea. We like to ride, not too much "hot shotting" so this should work okay. If and when finished, I'll send some pics. Thanks again for all of the info!

Traded in my Venture Lite for a new non current venture TF.
Wanted more power and better handling..
Got that now... and
-No bloody storage capabilities at all other than the trunk. They no longer offer back rack/saddle bags ect. Very disappointed, the VL was like a pick up with that massive rack.
-Very loud track howl and vibration between 50 and 60klm..hit 61 and its sweet n quiet.
-Very loud engine growl at 5500 rpm, sounds like the muffle is not attached as its right at the engine.
-Loud clunk at slow speeds from drive gear.
These 3 issues are disappointing for a new machine, so its back at the dealer for them to look at.
My 05 RS venture has none of these issues. Does any one else have/had these issues with the Venture TF?
And what have you done for storage?
Looks like im going to have to "Gerry Rig" to get storage for this sled.

Did you ever get this fixed? (re: Vibration & Engine growl)
Just bought a 2015 that does the same thing. It's at the dealer now for their diagnosis

Any updates on the vibration? Happy with the sled overall?
Dealer adjusted the track (?) and both clutches were in need of a rebuild. Strange as it only had 6K on it, I have 30K on the RX-1 and never needed to rebuild the clutches.
I think either the dealer (different one) or the PO, swapped the clutches out before they sold it!
Anyway, 90% of the vibration is gone, however the growl/rattle at 5500 RPM is still there. According to the dealer and others that have the same sled, this is normal!

Overall I like the sled, very comfortable, and I have learned to go a little quicker (6000 RPM) to alleviate the growl.

As for the accessories, a real bummer that Yammy has discontinued them. Perhaps with the 2020 Venture they will offer them again.

I made some windshield bags from a couple of fanny packs purchased at Walmart for $5 ea, and they seem to work well. 20190129_115248.jpg

EDA070BC-B0DD-4938-A093-9995092D517C.png
E4BFB34F-D257-4080-A893-546F20E5CCF4.jpeg
Traded in my Venture Lite for a new non current venture TF.
Wanted more power and better handling..
Got that now... and
-No bloody storage capabilities at all other than the trunk. They no longer offer back rack/saddle bags ect. Very disappointed, the VL was like a pick up with that massive rack.
-Very loud track howl and vibration between 50 and 60klm..hit 61 and its sweet n quiet.
-Very loud engine growl at 5500 rpm, sounds like the muffle is not attached as its right at the engine.
-Loud clunk at slow speeds from drive gear.
These 3 issues are disappointing for a new machine, so its back at the dealer for them to look at.
My 05 RS venture has none of these issues. Does any one else have/had these issues with the Venture TF?
And what have you done for storage?
Looks like im going to have to "Gerry Rig" to get storage for this sled.

I “Gerry Rig’d” my TF but that doesn’t mean it has to be ugly if you are creative.

Back