• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Venture TF- New, and not pleased.

6ED12C37-6E16-4210-8954-7D3FA5A67456.png
F9CAAE9E-019C-4CF9-A8C3-F32480331352.png
View attachment 147920 View attachment 147919

I “Gerry Rig’d” my TF but that doesn’t mean it has to be ugly if you are creative.

Oh and before someone comments: “But you now don’t have access to your seat storage”
I made the bracket which was copied from the, now discontinued, back rack accessory with a hinge on the back so my trunk tilts back.

I can’t help but visit this post again. Not sure if the original author “Zare” is re-visiting it anymore or not but I just had to add.
As another (New last year) Rs Venture TF owner I just spent the weekend, which I normally do, at the cabin which is 33 miles from my town over ungroomed rivers, lakes and land. And while my sled has an annoying track howl which I’m pretty used to now it’s nowhere near making me regret my purchase. While I ventured home from the cabin yesterday I visited with my mother who has a cabin along the same route to mine and her Ski-Doo Expedition was broke down/won’t start out by her door, so her husband was going to have to tow it the 20+ miles back to town.
After leaving their place not 10 minutes into my ride I come across a Polaris left in the middle of the lake, either someone had a long walk or for their sake hopefully he/she was riding in company with others and just hopped on with someone else after it broke down.
Now I am a mer 5 miles from home and come across a friend of mines father about to have a big rope tied to the front of his (new this year) Ski-Doo Expedition SWT and be towed home by the guy he called to come out on the lake to help him home.
My point is, I may not have a luggage rack on the back of my TF to carry extra fuel and I may have to drive faster or slower than a cruising speed to avoid this track howling noise but one thing I know won’t happen with my Venture after my 31 years experience of riding Yamaha’s. It won’t be me breaking down and needing a tow home.
Never in my lifetime of driving this exact 66 miles on the weekends to and from the family cabin on the 6 different Yamaha (4 of which I still ride to this day and have only ever sold 2) sleds I’ve owned have they ever left me stranded.

I can’t help but visit this post again. Not sure if the original author “Zare” is re-visiting it anymore or not but I just had to add.
As another (New last year) Rs Venture TF owner I just spent the weekend, which I normally do, at the cabin which is 33 miles from my town over ungroomed rivers, lakes and land. And while my sled has an annoying track howl which I’m pretty used to now it’s nowhere near making me regret my purchase. While I ventured home from the cabin yesterday I visited with my mother who has a cabin along the same route to mine and her Ski-Doo Expedition was broke down/won’t start out by her door, so her husband was going to have to tow it the 20+ miles back to town.
After leaving their place not 10 minutes into my ride I come across a Polaris left in the middle of the lake, either someone had a long walk or for their sake hopefully he/she was riding in company with others and just hopped on with someone else after it broke down.
Now I am a mer 5 miles from home and come across a friend of mines father about to have a big rope tied to the front of his (new this year) Ski-Doo Expedition SWT and be towed home by the guy he called to come out on the lake to help him home.
My point is, I may not have a luggage rack on the back of my TF to carry extra fuel and I may have to drive faster or slower than a cruising speed to avoid this track howling noise but one thing I know won’t happen with my Venture after my 31 years experience of riding Yamaha’s. It won’t be me breaking down and needing a tow home.
Never in my lifetime of driving this exact 66 miles on the weekends to and from the family cabin on the 6 different Yamaha (4 of which I still ride to this day and have only ever sold 2) sleds I’ve owned have they ever left me stranded.

I too have a 2016 RS VENTURE TF, I have the same problem with the howl or "whooshing" sound as I call it, which seems to come from the track between 30-37 mph...it is a real pain in my ears, the noise completely goes away at 39mph. I've contacted many Yamaha dealers and most say live with it or sell the sled...nothing they can do about it they say. One suggestion is to change the wheels to Yamaha excel or XL, I will try that...it's a great riding machine and hope to find a cure for this howling noise because it is at a pitch that effects my ear issue (tinnitus). Anyone out there that has this exact sled and has had success in reducing or eliminating the noise/harmonic, I'd certainly like to know the cure. If I come up with an answer I will certainly post. It is a great riding sled....

change the track and driver pitch.

2011 apex xtx 2.52 pitch howls around 34-36 mph, witch is ontario trail speed.

2016 apex xtx 2.86 pitch howls around 37-40 mph.

2009 apex mtx 3.00 pitch had no howl i could detect to 60 mph.

those ventures are 2.52 pitch stock from factory. all above sleds had stock track when tested.

change the track and driver pitch.

2011 apex xtx 2.52 pitch howls around 34-36 mph, witch is ontario trail speed.

2016 apex xtx 2.86 pitch howls around 37-40 mph.

2009 apex mtx 3.00 pitch had no howl i could detect to 60 mph.

those ventures are 2.52 pitch stock from factory. all above sleds had stock track when tested.
M
Maim, yes it is a 2.52 pitch, 151"x15" I see from your post you have had the same problem on your 2011 and 2016 apex's...can you please suggest what to change the track to and what pitch...this will require a new track driver correct? Joe

from what i have seen this season, a 3 pitch track in the correct legnth should be enough to fix the problem with a driver change.

from what i have seen this season, a 3 pitch track in the correct legnth should be enough to fix the problem with a driver change.
A 151 x 15 only comes in 2.52...I can't find a 151 x 15 x 3 pitch. Changed the belt and will try that, if not chasing down a remedy is going to get expensive...thinking of just trading this Yamaha Venture in for another brand grand touring...can't handle the resonance...no published sure fixes from Yamaha on a known problem... not going to "live with it".

A 151 x 15 only comes in 2.52...I can't find a 151 x 15 x 3 pitch. Changed the belt and will try that, if not chasing down a remedy is going to get expensive...thinking of just trading this Yamaha Venture in for another brand grand touring...can't handle the resonance...no published sure fixes from Yamaha on a known problem... not going to "live with it".

I have a simple cheap fix. Where ear plugs. I believe it was Snow Tech that had an article about different types you can where a couple years back. Most Yamaha 4 strokes have some track howl. I started wearing them a couple years ago and after a few different pairs I found some that work good for me. Now its like second nature that I put them in and its not a big deal at all.

thanks for sound advise, only problem is I do use earplugs, the sound goes right through the earplugs. after much research on track howl it seems that some of the problem is the rollers, clips and perhaps the track itself. The season is over, going to bring the sled to a Yamaha dealer and get it all checked out, hopefully the resonance howl can be fixed. If there is no resolution then the only option will be to sell it. I did however use another brands sled last week and it was very quiet and much less vibration than my 2016 Venture TF..needless to say if the problem can't be fixed I'll be moving on from Yamaha...it's a great sled to ride, just a noise issue.

thanks for sound advise, only problem is I do use earplugs, the sound goes right through the earplugs. after much research on track howl it seems that some of the problem is the rollers, clips and perhaps the track itself. The season is over, going to bring the sled to a Yamaha dealer and get it all checked out, hopefully the resonance howl can be fixed. If there is no resolution then the only option will be to sell it. I did however use another brands sled last week and it was very quiet and much less vibration than my 2016 Venture TF..needless to say if the problem can't be fixed I'll be moving on from Yamaha...it's a great sled to ride, just a noise issue.

Hmm I have a 2015 Venture GT and it's nice and quiet with earplugs. Make sure your using high reduction noise earplugs.

I have used yellow soft, orange high density earplugs and no earplugs at all...the resonance comes right through between 31-36/37mph...sweetest sounding machine at 40mph, another suggestion I heard was playing music with earbuds, I'm just afraid to be distracted by the music and loose concentration..but I will try it at some point...I just want to solve the problem of the hormonic resonance. Last thing I wan to do is get rid of this smooth rider.
I looked for a RS Venture because I have been riding them for several years and like the model very much, have not experienced such a horrid noise. Anyway, its going to the dealer and he said he's take his time checking it out and try to come up with a solution...he seems very knowledgeable.I will give it another try next season.

I play music using ear buds with foam tips like these:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0713WPN8F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The music is not distracting at all, not any worse than in a car. Makes the ride so much more pleasant. And I also use this with my phone playing Spotify to control it without having to pull the phone out, especially to stop the music when needed:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00RM75NL0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can also enhance the noise reduction further if needed with noise cancelling buds.

I had no idea they produce noise cancelling earbuds...that's very helpful and I will try that, thanks !!...if I knew for sure changing the track or any other component and get results to reduce the howl/ resonance dramatically I would make the investment...yet nothing definitive yet from Yamaha...

Back