• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS90GT

flyingpig

Expert
I picked up my wife's Vector GT yesterday. What beautiful machine! Total eye candy! My wife doesn't think she will be able to keep the chrome windshield on because she will not be able to see the ski tips. So it looks like we will either trade it out or buy a clear shield and keep the chrome shield for the day we decide to sell the sled or trade it in.
The only change I noticed was the decale for the GYT Shocks. It's much nicer looking than the decale shown in the brochure and on the Yamaha site.

Got my Vector GT about a month ago and finally got it mostly set up to suit myself. Most people here think I'm nuts because of the things I do to personalize my toys. It’s a small town, what else are you going to do with your spare time. SCCA racing is over, car shows are over, it’s too crappy to ride motorcycles, the trails aren’t open, there’s no snow, so you tear into your new sled.

Most people buy the GT because it has everything on it already , but I can't let well enough alone.

Things you can simply buy and put on: silver belly plate, black shock covers, aluminum spindle caps, tie rod end caps, windshield bag, aluminum fuel cap, fuel shutoff valves, silver idler wheels (not in photos), Retrax ski wheels (on order), and mirrors.

Things that are custom made: hood lock, fuel cap lock, lighted heated shield power outlet, cowl rear-edge reflectors, aluminum registration sticker plates, red wire loom under the hood, silver tape stripes to carry seat stripe across the tunnel sides, faux grill behind the front bumper, filler piece for the handlebar opening in fuel tank cover, and a filler ring for the fuel cap.

Added details: silver flow painted ski handle lettering, red and blue and silver flow painted air box lettering, and red and blue and green flow painted parking brake lever lettering.

Polished items: tie rods, steering arms, sway bar links, under hood framing, steering column support, drive belt cover, fuel cap, fuel cap spacer ring, brake lever, parking brake lever, bare aluminum foot well parts, skid frame rails, rear bumper, cowl reflector backers, and registration mounting plates.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures. A black sled inside of a garage on a dark rainy day doesn’t photograph well.

Attachments

• engine1a.jpg
    engine1a.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 72
  • front1a.jpg
    front1a.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 59
  • rear1a.jpg
    rear1a.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 54
  • side1a.jpg
    side1a.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 63
You can see right thru the yamaha chrome windsheild I put on my warrior,(from the inside)! Jay

There appears to be two different chrome windshields. I just serviced our club President's '05 Vector ER and realized his is see-through. From the front side they look pretty much the same.

With the windshield bag in place it wouldn't matter because it pretty much blocks the whole thing anyway.

Back