• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rumour or Fake News?

Yep......I remember those days as the 440 Rupp Nitro was quick but my SRX433 was faster on and off the race track. They blew out those Skiroules for under five hundred bucks back then as my cousin and myself bought two 447's

Now as for bringing back to life some Rupp's, My Hunting partner and long time friend put back together two Rupp's a Nitro & a 440 Sprint ...I think it was called Sprint. They were both a Full Restoration and I powder coated the crap out of that Sprint from head to toe....lol

How things have changed since it first started:D:D:D
View attachment 148375
They look great....nice job! But they couldn't have the 'You've just been skirouled' snow flap. My 447 and Laser were fast....lol!

Yep......I remember those days as the 440 Rupp Nitro was quick but my SRX433 was faster on and off the race track. They blew out those Skiroules for under five hundred bucks back then as my cousin and myself bought two 447's

Now as for bringing back to life some Rupp's, My Hunting partner and long time friend put back together two Rupp's a Nitro & a 440 Sprint ...I think it was called Sprint. They were both a Full Restoration and I powder coated the crap out of that Sprint from head to toe....lol

View attachment 148375
Mine is still a work in progress, but you have motivated me with these pics.

View attachment 148375
My father bought a 71 skiroule s300, that I rode and fixed, then when I got my first real job, I was torn over a white and yellow black free air 340 ski doo, a red and white yamaha, gp338 I believe but loved the new sleek 73 skiroules, and their price. Skiroules taught me how to do mechanical stuff, wrench 10 hrs. ride 1!

I know old post. if Yamaha does do this I hope they do a better job than Polaris did. The sled was ok but crank failures under 10k miles. Still weighed well north of 600lbs. Was a 750 turbo in the 130-140ish HP range I believe in the IQ chassis. I was torn between a turbo IQ lx and a Yamaha until I found decent deal on my Vector.

Last edited:

Back