• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

running board ideas

Roest said:
ruffryder said:
Roest said:
Absolutely, shorty version is in the works......other cool things in the works as well.
You thinking about making one that protects the a-arms better and is more of a "float" type that puts an actual front end / nose on the sled.

No, the days of the boat style bellypan pan are gone for now. Trying to protect the a arms on the Nytro creates more problems than it solves.

Do you have any plans to make a belly pan that protects the chaincase?
Had a buddy take out his chaincase this year. A rock or stump hit the drain plug and tore it off. he never even knew it till it was too late :o|
real expensive fix :o|

Do you have any plans to make a belly pan that protects the chaincase?
Had a buddy take out his chaincase this year. A rock or stump hit the drain plug and tore it off. he never even knew it till it was too late :o|
real expensive fix :o|[/quote]

He's not the first to find out the hard way. Nothing but thin plastic covering the bottom of the chaincase. I have been working on something for awhile. Getting pretty close now. It will definitely be available before next season.

Srxspec said:
I don't think you will find a dealer that has them in stock as they were very hard to get through the year (the last 2 pairs I got I waited over 2 months from when I ordered them).

I do plan on ordering 10 sets and having delivery in the beginning of August. You would have your choice of 2008-2009 (old tunnel design) MTX or 2010-2012 (new tunnel design) MTX and then either natural aluminum or black in color. If I can get an order of 10 together I would sell them for $400 + shipping.

i might be interested in this also, im lookin to upgrade my boards, plz keep me posted...
does the degree angle make that big of difference, i have an extended 08 rtx and that looks like a lot extra work to change the angle?

roostinraptor said:
Srxspec said:
I don't think you will find a dealer that has them in stock as they were very hard to get through the year (the last 2 pairs I got I waited over 2 months from when I ordered them).

I do plan on ordering 10 sets and having delivery in the beginning of August. You would have your choice of 2008-2009 (old tunnel design) MTX or 2010-2012 (new tunnel design) MTX and then either natural aluminum or black in color. If I can get an order of 10 together I would sell them for $400 + shipping.

i might be interested in this also, im lookin to upgrade my boards, plz keep me posted...
does the degree angle make that big of difference, i have an extended 08 rtx and that looks like a lot extra work to change the angle?

I would say no it's not that big of a difference. I have tubular running boards at the same angle as stock and last weekend was the first time I have had them dragging me down. This condition was crappy, rotten, bottomless snow that you were constantly trenched in.Every other condition I have never had a issue and I highly doubt a little more angle would have made that big of a difference. That is a downfall of tubular boards though, that insted of wanting to keep you from trenching they cause a ton of drag. But as I said this was only one condition and the pro's far outweigh the con.

Back