• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

running board ideas

Allen,

Does the back of the running board sit on the drop bracket? Can't tell from the pics.

BTW, have you checked your email lately? :moon:

Scott

Interesting way to improve the running board angle. What is the wall thickness of the aluminum tubing that gets riveted to the tunnel?

Bamboo said:
Awesome!!! Looks great. What model airframes?

These are 2010 MTX SE Skinz running boards.

scmurs said:
Allen,

Does the back of the running board sit on the drop bracket? Can't tell from the pics.

BTW, have you checked your email lately?

Scott

There is no "drop bracket" that is on the "outside" of the tunnel so to speak, so the portion that would be tied to the drop bracket on the OEM style 10-11 MTX SE skid is not there currently, I do have room to add a bracket there if I think it needs it.

Shoot me an email again, I don't see anything in my email box currently?

Hornet Handler said:
Interesting way to improve the running board angle. What is the wall thickness of the aluminum tubing that gets riveted to the tunnel?

Quick measurement with a calipers shows approximately .055" wall thickness.

doo_man Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone find a dealer selling the Airframes at special pricing?

x2 on looking for a spring DEAL ....ANYONE find a deal on the airframe boards yet?

I don't think you will find a dealer that has them in stock as they were very hard to get through the year (the last 2 pairs I got I waited over 2 months from when I ordered them).

I do plan on ordering 10 sets and having delivery in the beginning of August. You would have your choice of 2008-2009 (old tunnel design) MTX or 2010-2012 (new tunnel design) MTX and then either natural aluminum or black in color. If I can get an order of 10 together I would sell them for $400 + shipping.

Srxspec said:
I don't think you will find a dealer that has them in stock as they were very hard to get through the year (the last 2 pairs I got I waited over 2 months from when I ordered them).

I do plan on ordering 10 sets and having delivery in the beginning of August. You would have your choice of 2008-2009 (old tunnel design) MTX or 2010-2012 (new tunnel design) MTX and then either natural aluminum or black in color. If I can get an order of 10 together I would sell them for $400 + shipping.

PM Sent for a set. I am sure if you do a group buy post you could get at least 10 sets sold.

I ordered new boards from local cnc machinery with my measurements. With Cat M-series sidelist support kit these are awesome!
_small.jpg

_small.jpg

Puppe said:
I ordered new boards from local cnc machinery with my measurements. With Cat M-series sidelist support kit these are awesome!

Nice CAD work Puppe. I fear however that you will have the same challenges as the pic below shows. The turn ups in the running boards trap (act as a dam) snow and snow sticks to aluminum. The ones shown are Snow Eliminators on an M7. Betterboards do the same thing.

Attachments

• running boards.jpg
    running boards.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 106
The airframes may be better but I got Better Board before the airframes were avaialble and I have no problems with snow build up. Some times I have to kick it through but such is life.

Roest said:
Absolutely, shorty version is in the works......other cool things in the works as well.
You thinking about making one that protects the a-arms better and is more of a "float" type that puts an actual front end / nose on the sled.

ruffryder said:
Roest said:
Absolutely, shorty version is in the works......other cool things in the works as well.
You thinking about making one that protects the a-arms better and is more of a "float" type that puts an actual front end / nose on the sled.

No, the days of the boat style bellypan pan are gone for now. Trying to protect the a arms on the Nytro creates more problems than it solves.

Puppe said:
_small.jpg

_small.jpg

Looks really good!!!! :Rockon:

Back