• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

running board ideas

Is this kind of what your looking for? Best mod I've done to my sled yet!

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 192
  • test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 214
I cut @ 1" from the running board sides and
then I cut the rear, now I need a new rear bumper

PS Thanks Scott! I got the tether/roll-over valve installed
leaving for Ryan Park 6am tomorrow
can wait!!!!!

justinkredible56 said:
Best mod yet? You mind explaining why it is the best mod yet?

Pretty please? ha ha

ruffryder said:
justinkredible56 said:
Best mod yet? You mind explaining why it is the best mod yet?

Pretty please? ha ha

For clarification purposes it's my personal best mod yet! I took Yamahaboy's idea of using the arctic cat tunnel rolls and gussets and then tied it in with a local guy I met who used the ski-doo XP bumper.

Not only does it look WAY better than the HUGE running boards that yamaha so graciously bestowed upon us but when carving/spinning cookies in deep powder it just keeps grabbing and grabbing where the old running boards would cause your sled to get high centered on itself. When you sidehill you don't get the hang up or wash out like you did before...The sled sticks to the hill a LOT better.

The only draw back that I've noticed so far is that when you get stuck...you REALLY get stuck! When the old running boards would somewhat high center your sled towards the top of the snow level, this modification makes my sled dig and dig... I was riding in 3+ feet of fresh on Tuesday and I dug the biggest trench I've ever seen...I could stand straight up in it and the edges came up to my shoulders! And I'm 6'2"!

The skinz airframe boards are no doubt the best out there but after it was all said and done my mod only cost about $150 including rivets. The air frame boards are close to $500. I'm sure they are worth every dime but I'm poor!

Skinz Air Frame Running Boards $450. Worth every cent. There are the envy of everyone I ride with. A little pricy but BETTER than Better Boards.

Back