• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Running board modifications

In my case, I need the fuel. Where my camp is, and where we ride, we don't pass a fuel station all day. Lots of back country riding from camp towards Rangeley, rare to even see more than a handful of sleds in a day usually.

Last year I did a 130 mile loop with the Nytro and I had to stop at a friend's camp along the way to get fuel in order to make it back- I think I had made it 90 miles before I needed fuel- 14-15 mpg is what I seem to average. That made me realize I needed to do something.

If I had a trail tank I would not be concerned. I just didn't want to buy the tank given the feedback on here.

Don't be scared of the trail tank. I love my trail tank. I did a hundred and sixty miles on it on a tankful in Canada last year just to prove I could.

I won't spend $300+ on something with so many reports of fitment issues and leaks.

The first generation of those tanks apparently fit tight making it difficult on the new owners. After tweeks with the mold it was dialed in. Mine fit fine, installation a snap. Have had it off a few times to fix donuts, then exhaust. No big deal. Virtually a must on this sled. Need to carry no less than 37l to keep pace with the other sleds and the trails we run. Can stand having guys in the group that have tight fuel windows. Can be a real pain in the day.
MS

Back