1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

RX-1 Carb tuning help after removing bender turbo

Discussion in '4 Stroke Turbos/Supercharger' started by jameshofo, Mar 11, 2018.

1. jameshofo

jameshofo Veteran

Hello all,

I bought an 03 RX-1 with a bender turbo and have since removed the turbo. Ever since I've been struggling to get the sled to run smoothly without the help of choke. I re-jetted and cleaned the carbs to 165 to run a basic 60MM carb filter. The sled still has the electronic fuel pump. Is there something else about the carbs I need to change to get this sled to run smoothly?

Symptoms
    - Without playing with the choke the sled will slow down and eventually die within a few seconds.
    - Even with the use of choke if I don't feather the throttle it will bog and die.

I'm about to take the carbs off again so any help you all could give would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks all.

3. hlmrx1

hlmrx1 TY 4 Stroke Guru

I had a Powderlite kit and the plumbing was changed for the vacuum or pressure line or added You need to find a manual and undo what was done for the turbo kit. The Bender kit was probably similar.

4. jameshofo

jameshofo Veteran

So on your suggestion I reached out to full power performance, who suggested the jetti g was wrong.

I then went back and tore into the carbs for the 5th or so time, and realized... The spring at the top of all 4 carbs was missing! After putting them in from anset of donor carbs the sled iddles now. I could kick myself for looking over those things so much and not realizing the obious. On the bright side my pilot jets are clean enough to eat off of .

On to syncing the carbs and she'll be all set!

5. mbarryracing

mbarryracing TY 4 Stroke God

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2006 Yamaha Attak Turbo
    2015 SR Viper RTX-DX
    1996 Vmax 600XT