• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Carb tuning help after removing bender turbo

jameshofo

Veteran
Hello all,

I bought an 03 RX-1 with a bender turbo and have since removed the turbo. Ever since I've been struggling to get the sled to run smoothly without the help of choke. I re-jetted and cleaned the carbs to 165 to run a basic 60MM carb filter. The sled still has the electronic fuel pump. Is there something else about the carbs I need to change to get this sled to run smoothly?

Symptoms
- Without playing with the choke the sled will slow down and eventually die within a few seconds.
- Even with the use of choke if I don't feather the throttle it will bog and die.

I'm about to take the carbs off again so any help you all could give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all.

I had a Powderlite kit and the plumbing was changed for the vacuum or pressure line or added You need to find a manual and undo what was done for the turbo kit. The Bender kit was probably similar.

So on your suggestion I reached out to full power performance, who suggested the jetti g was wrong.

I then went back and tore into the carbs for the 5th or so time, and realized... The spring at the top of all 4 carbs was missing! After putting them in from anset of donor carbs the sled iddles now. I could kick myself for looking over those things so much and not realizing the obious. On the bright side my pilot jets are clean enough to eat off of .

On to syncing the carbs and she'll be all set!

Back