• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 miles, how many miles on your four stroke

cberg84

Extreme
just wondering how many miles are on your four strokes everyone. local yamaha dealer said the four strokes will outlast any two strokes. i had a two stroke go over 12,000 miles. I just want to know how long my RX-1 mountain should last.

I got 9000 miles on my shorty . Had to replace 2 outside rear wheels and 3 bearings and most of the bushings in the rear suspention this year . Still runs like a new engine . The odd 2stroke will get a lot of miles but average them out and see what the the average rebuild time is on them . I figure 5000 miles is pushing the average And would no longer trust to take one of any brand on a long trip after this point . I would still take the RX1 on a trip of any distance .
Tom-RX1

I averaged about 4500 miles a year for three years on a 2003, but it has been sitting for the last eight months. It is ready for putting back together, as I broke one of the bulkheads last spring. I have had no issues with the motor, only the body so far.

Rx-Eskimo

Mileage

2003 Rx-1 mountain 22,200 miles and still runs like the day it was bought. Current belt has near 14000 miles on it. Had 03 shorty with 10300 miles that I traded last year for an 05 shorty which now has 5700. Mileage on these sleds means nothing. Every 6000 miles I put all new bearings in skid, and driveshaft. Every 12000 I put new bearings in skid, jackshaft, driveshaft and chaincase. That's it, filler up and ride. I've had all brands, and for an individual who puts big mileage, RX-1's are by far the cheapest to operate.

Back