• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 with bender turbo kit (removal), Re-Gearing

jameshofo

Veteran
Hello all, I bought an RX-1 drag sled, with the old school bender turbo pre-installed. I am removing the turbo and would like to change the gearing down to turn a 2" paddle track a little easier. I looked at swapping the top gear when I had the chain case cover off but found that the gear currently installed was much larger than sock. Also I'm not 100% is a yamaha gar.

The sled has a Highmark Secondary that I would assume came along with the turbo set-up.
Does anyone know if these gears are yamaha gears, and what I should look at for replacement?

You'd have to tell us what the tooth count is that you have. Different models of sleds use different gears, so it's possible that it's a Yamaha gear that was originally from a different application.
You'll also need to know the number of links in the chain, and the bottom gear size. If you're going to a 2" track, and depending on how long it is and how you want to ride it, you may want to compare what you have to the setup from an mtx. I have Ggrr service manual for the Apex which has the same gearbox, and I can look up the gearing in the chart in there if you want.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Back