• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX Warrior Jackshaft Bearing

Rice_Z24

Veteran
I need to replace my jackshaft bearings as the one on the clutch side of the machine is walking forwards and back when off and on the throttle witch cause the speedo gear to meld my speddo sensor off. Is this a big job? what is all involved?

Ummmmm... not sure if the picture you're painting is correct here. What relation does the jackshaft have with your speedo gear?Speedo is connected to driveshaft end, just below the secondary clutch.If that is hooped and jackshaft bearing is moving, it sounds like a few bearings shot. Can be a big job, depends on experience.Chaincase comes off, rear suspension,driveshaft
sec. clutch, jackshaft. Just take some pics of each step as you remove parts, along with using the service manual.
Good luck!

He probably refered to the driveshaft, the bottom one that is....
Easy to replace compared to the jackshaft same side one. Do it in place.
Remove belt, secondary & what remains of your speedo & the nuts of the bearing holder..... that was on the tunel outside steps. To the inside, you remove 2 setscrews on the bearing shoulder. Same shoulder which you figure a way to pry out using the drive sprocket as a seat. Don't play hammer or knock to prevent damage on the chaincase side.
At season start, remove the speedo side seal to evaluate condition. Clean up & re grease or replace as needed.

Yes, i'm talking about the shaft that connects the gear where the speedo sensor is/was. Is there anyways to tell if this bearing is shot and/or my jackshaft bearings r no good?

If the gear eat the speed sensor then the bearing is busted. Pull the 3 nuts, you see the bearing & obviously shaft is not center of the outside race. This guy need be replaced every 10K.

PS- Don't forget to loosen the track as much as you can.Try and remember how many turns you make on each adjustment nut when loosening, just for reference to put back together. Lift enough to get the track off the ground, makes it easier to turn when trying to line up wrenches to get the set screws loose on the inside underneath, left foot inner side of the tunnel.

Back