• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 hunting idle, HELP!! - Video

piersol

Extreme
This can't be right. Idle is hunting. Carbs are spotless, pilots clear, verified with carb cleaner spray through carb body. Could this be coils? Plugs are fairly new, made no difference when I put new plugs in. The idle has done this since I bought the sled last year. I'm thinking coils, but I have not checked them in the dark yet. It's been in the teens below zero out. Mixture screws on carbs are at 2 turns out from lightly seated. :o|

Last edited by a moderator:

The carbs have been synced, just forgot to mention it in the original post. Carb cleaning, syncing, and new plugs make no difference. The idle has done this since I bought the sled used last February.

To me it seems like it wants to come down from high idle and goes back up. Try setting your idle lower or higher to find the sweet spot. Have you checked your intake rubbers for cracks and is your air box for sure on properly?

Back