• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 Power Kit

RX 1 Power kit

Ray,

Great to hear from you! Are you still in Portapique or have you moved your shop in town?? And what about the Cat thing!!

I'll track you down - I see the shop number still listed in Bass River- as the kit from The Speedshop \ Simon's CPR finally arrived and I'm hoping you'll do it up for me.

Wow, 300+ hp - thats a ways up from when I last saw the turbo in your shop - did'nt know you were on asphalt, thought you were too busy with the bikes in the summer!

I look forward to your help again this winter!

Peter

Thanks Peter, yes our race shop is still in Bass River. We have the Kawy dealership in Truro as well and will be moving both into a new shop in the near future.
Yes, we would be happy to set it up for you.
I can't remember which Turbo we had on the Dyno when you were here last but we ran 270HP on pump gas in one all year (2700miles). We now have it at 300HP on pumpgas and 325HP with a little race fuel.
Haven't raced the bikes that much this year so we thought we would try the ashpalt, the only thing we did there was lay the longest black mark, 1320ft, LOL
We even dialed back to 275HP and still spun all the way down and all over the track.
Look forward to helping you out.
Thanks,
Ray

who' s RX-1 was the fast one again cntrydr. Was it Orange, Blue or the black one?

Attachments

• service pics 901.jpg
    service pics 901.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 75
  • service pics 900.jpg
    service pics 900.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 64
Hi it's the legend. What main jets are you guys running with filters on your RX1's? 165's. Please respond. Thanks

RE which RX1 was faster

Racesx,

Dale Toole's RX1 was orange, Terry Davis' had the black one, Dynoray had the blue one ( plus the turbo sleds lurkin around ) so just about on any given day at Sutherlands Lake you could find an RX 1 that could smoke ya' !!

Where in NS are you from ? Can't be from the lake unless your baitin me!!
Let's just say they were all faster than mine - hence the CPR kit
Here's hoping that will help!

interested in rx-1 comparisons

Hey cntrydr.....where specifically in N.S is this lake that all the running takes place on.I am in P.E.I. and would love to pop over some weekend to see the sleds run and see how mine compares.I have an 05 red rx-1 with headwork,cams ,wiseco pistons,ecp kit,qc-1 exhaust,and a skid that has been reinforced ,zert fitted,and nylatron bushed.I also use Dales clutch products and find they work super.

Lake question

rx1racer,

The lake in question is Sutherland's Lake.

This is located in the Cobequid Mountain area basically in the woods between Amherst and Truro coming from your direction. There are several ways in by truck but you would need more exact directions as it is not signed directly off the Cobequid Pass (main highway) that I'm aware of.

If you have a SANS trail map you will find it off the NS 104, the corridor trail, thru this part of NS. It is the site of the Sutherland's Lake Trail Groomers Association, one of the biggest clubs in our area. They have a nice clubhouse where you can unload, fuel, get food etc. There are no accomodations however. The lake is just below the clubhouse.

There are several reasons why it is so popular. It is not a deep lake and freezes up quickly and is at a high enough elevation the temp is usually a couple of degrees colder and often has good snow even when other spots around are lacking.

The SLTGA maintains the surrounding trails well. They often clean off two or three lanes on the lake for ice drags and have snow lanes as well. The lake is long allowing for a full pull and then some. There are often a couple of radar runs each winter.

There is a Polaris dealer, Skidoo dealer, and several racer \ tuners that have camps or come to test at the lake including Dale Toole,Terry Davis, Dynoray, Robbie Vandenburg and others - all great guys to talk to and watch do their thing.

Generally a bunch of guys show up Sat. and Sun. afternoons ready to run. A lot of sleds are stock, a lot are improved, occasionally a turbo or full-on race sled will show up making for a real show. Run as little or as often as you like most days.

Be glad to show you around and more than interested to see your RX1 - particularly interested in your skid mods as my dealer does not have any insight into all the chatter about the w-arm or rail failure issue - basically on our own here as Yamaha rep for this area "is not aware of any problems" !! Guess they don't read this site.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Peter

I have the CPR kit on my 03rx and have had great results! No problems what so ever and the fit and finish is great. Sled pulls hard from low to top and there is a noticable differance on top end pull. No complaints here!

Jeff

On the post below what does the trail kit involve are wetalking cams etc porting? I have an ECP kit I havent even installed it yet but I thought we where talking about 143 HP and you guys are up around 160-175 that sounds like I can keep up with MachZ Please tell me more

Thanks Cntrydr, our trail package ended up at 175HP (we4 have made 180HP with that package but jetting was just to finichy with that setup) and the fast RX's we ran last year ended up with quite a bit more then 227. We tried 325 on ashpalt a couple of weeks ago but had big time traction problems, we dialed back to 275HP and still had lot's of traction problems.
As a few have said, if we're running short drags, you'll find ECP filters on my sled.
Thanks,
Ray
PS, we haven't tested the ECP filters on a stk engine but on our 175HP trail package you MUST run the velocity stacks with the filters. With just filters and no velocity stacks we haven't made more then 160HP.
Ray

CPR Supertune Kit

The price of the CPR kit was just under 600US$$, I did'nt notice what the exchange was ( I used my wife's Visa when I ordered it - trust me she would'nt even notice the extra on there - we get Christmas cards from Visa management!!)

The $#%%^$#@ Canadian goverment did tag me $123.00 in duty however.

Specifically to race24x's question Dynoray has an engine package that has head and cam mods with the matching carb and clutching calibration.

He is working on a big bore kit and other things as well - contact him via this site, he is an excellent guy to talk to. Just don't bother him for the next couple of days as I just dropped off my sled at his shop for my install and dynotune!!

Peter

So for 600 bucks I can go from 140 HP to around 160 -170 thats not bad I spent that on an exhast for my Hayabusa that got me like 3 HP LOL I already have the ECP kit. What are we talking for mods my engine is brand new from Yamaha after I blew her up last year. Porting and an intake cam where the ex cam is or total cam replacement? Where is his shop?

race24x, I believe he was saying the CPR filter kit and clutching was $600. I believe the motor work from Dynoray costs around $1800, but pm Dynoray to find out for sure.

Back