• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 skis on a POGO VMAX question.

Fourcam281

Expert
My uncle has a 95 VMAX and the stock metal skis have a seen better days. I saw on the 2 stroke side how to add RX1 plastic skis to a pogo sled. The ones that they show have a big metal brace (saddle?) that my 05 RX1 doesn't have. My question is do I need to get 03/04 skis and its just the 05 skis that are different. Or am I missing something? Thanks gusy!

Yeah you would need the '03 or '04 skis that have the saddle. The '05 RX-1 skis have no saddles.

I've put the newer all plastic skis on a pogo sled before. You have to do some carving on the ski to make everything clear, but it isn't that big of a deal.

Vmax-4.jpg

Thats a clean vmax 4... always liked those. Do you have more details on this? Did you keep the big metal saddles? Doesn't carving all of that plastic off of the ski weaken it?

Can ya' say TURBOOOOO???? ALL their sleds are fast, just some are faster than others LOL!!

Fourcam, I had to cut out the back wall of the pocket that the spindle sticks into, that way I didn't have to cut anything off the sled itself. Then I had to carve away some material underneath the spindle to allow to the ski to pivot.

It weakens it a little bit sure, but not to a point that is concerning.

I don't know how other guys are doing it, but I had an older set of skis with the aluminum saddles on this sled at one point too, and to get those on I had to cut a fairly large hole in the bottom of the saddle and then grind some plastic away too.

It takes some effort either way....6 of one, half dozen of another....I like the all plastic skis because those aluminum saddles get to be a pain to keep clean.

C&A's bolt right up if you can find a set of those reasonably priced.

Viper_Dave said:
Can ya' say TURBOOOOO???? ALL their sleds are fast, just some are faster than others LOL!!
Oh man I just noticed the intercooler plumbing and exhaust dump. I like that sled even more now!

Master of Faster said:
Fourcam, I had to cut out the back wall of the pocket that the spindle sticks into, that way I didn't have to cut anything off the sled itself. Then I had to carve away some material underneath the spindle to allow to the ski to pivot.

It weakens it a little bit sure, but not to a point that is concerning.

I don't know how other guys are doing it, but I had an older set of skis with the aluminum saddles on this sled at one point too, and to get those on I had to cut a fairly large hole in the bottom of the saddle and then grind some plastic away too.

It takes some effort either way....6 of one, half dozen of another....I like the all plastic skis because those aluminum saddles get to be a pain to keep clean.

C&A's bolt right up if you can find a set of those reasonably priced.

I think I get what you're saying. When you get a chance if you could take a picture I would really appreciate it. Awesome sled by the way!

I just put a set of '98 SRX skis on my Exciter that has a first generation Phazer front end. The nice thing about the '98 SRX skis is that the saddle is taller but you still would have to do some machining and welding. There is about an +1" spacer in the saddle that I milled out and them welded another plate in place for the rubber bumper to have support.

Attachments

• DSC01317 (800x600).jpg
    DSC01317 (800x600).jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 410
Hmmm, I don't have a way to weld anything. The rx1's are just cutting. Nice sled you have to love the old sleds. And that ones a year older than me!

Back