• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Saddlebags for Apex

i use these good for the 4 and 5 day trip's

Attachments

• Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 167

The solid side Yamaha bags are nice but expensive. I bought a set of tour bags similar to Parts Unlimited style shown at DKirk. Then went to a shoe repair shop and had a strap sewed on the bottom outside corners to attach to the rear bumper and keep bag away from the rear exhaust. Also, hand sewed some soft material on the unside of bag so it would scratch finish on exhaust ports. Bought two sets at a show for the cost of the Yamaha hard bag which is a very nice bag. Had Cold Wave had the new bag system out last year I would have bought that in a second.

Yes, but they look like they are made for the Vector? Will the Cold Wave hnad down and mark the crap out of the exhaust covers. I believe that's why the Yamaha Sport Bag is not very big.

actionjack, let us know how they fit around the side covers. I was looking at the coldwave modular bags as well, so it would be nice to see a review of the fit.
Thanks

They offer a "mount" made for the Apex. I saw a set installed on an Apex or Attak at my dealer. Should have taken a picture! I am concerned about marring the finish but I will probably stick or something on the inside of the bag AND cover the the exhaust covers with something. I used to put "Ski Saver" protective tape (think 3M for a fraction of the price) on my alpine skis and that would be perfect to protect the exhaust covers, but I cannot find it anymore. Honestly, I want my sled to look great, like anybody else, but in this case function is important and I'd be happy to repaint the covers after a season or two. BTW, the dealer brought these to my attention after having his semi-rigid Y bags fail while touring in QC.

Actionjack, I used 3M clear vinyl tape on areas where my saddles touch the exhaust cover. this tape is very much like the old ski saver we used to put on our skis, and should be able to get at any hardware store.

mdkuni said:
I own a set of Yamaha's saddlebags. See picture below. They can hold a lot. I put a gallon jug in each side one trip and still had the entire top compartment to use! Great bags!

i use the same set.... 2 yrs on wifes vector, still look brand new, probably will get another set for my attak....

mdkuni said:
I own a set of Yamaha's saddlebags. See picture below. They can hold a lot. I put a gallon jug in each side one trip and still had the entire top compartment to use! Great bags!

I have over 12,000 miles on the same bags as mdkuni. I had to extend the straps but the bags always held up and are still going strong. I have gone on 9 day trips with these bags packed to explode/capacity with a bungee over the top :jump: :4STroke: :yam: :Rockon: ;)!

I use the soft luggage yammis and I have been on a 7 day trip and they were just fine. I think you just need to pack smart and you will be ok with these. Easy to take off and put on in the mornings.

I also had a small tank bag (which I removed 1/2 way into the trip for better control ) but didn't put much in it anyway, just camera, smokes, cap, wallet, little things like that.

SERPAGS said:
I use the soft luggage yammis and I have been on a 7 day trip and they were just fine. I think you just need to pack smart and you will be ok with these. Easy to take off and put on in the mornings.

I agree. You get anything bigger and all you do is look for stuff to fill it up so things won't get bashed around inside. Then you need more tiedowns to add to all the extra ones you started with in the first place. The Yamaha bag is big enough, goes on and off real quick. It does not stick out to the side and it does not flop around. It also was cheaper than several of the other bags I saw out there at the time.

Hi there! Im looking for that Exact bag. Would you mind letting me know the model # etc or any info on it if you still have it? Thanks so much :)
J.L.

Back