• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Safety issue Sidewinder, Please read.

GAS

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder RTX, TD SQ exhaust, TD tune bundle. Dash flash, TD/Dalton clutch kit, 225, 1.57 mega bit studs. Pilot skis.
IMG_0807.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG
IMG_0808.JPG
Hi. Just finished tightening my track and was checking over my suspension and saw that my plastic holder for rear spring (long square spring on both sides of sled) had come off its support on bottom rail and was sticking in my track. It sticks in at the opposite direction that the track turns. At first I thought the bolt came out. but was shocked to see the bolt and support was still there but no washer was on the end to hold it on. I checked the other side and it had a washer. I have 4000km on sled and I'm very lucky it didn't come off at 100mph. The weight of sled when on the ground must have kept it in place. When I took the bolt out to install a washer I found the washer was on the back of the rail under the nut. Who ever put suspension together at factory put the wash in the wrong place. I checked the other side and it did not have a washer under the inside nut.

Oh man. It just keeps getting better and better!! Damn good thing we have this Forum.

That may be something the dealer installs during assembly. I remember dealers paying kids to put sleds together.

Don't trust them dealers inspect everything mine were upside down.. SMH
fuktards.jpg

That's actually a dealer faux pas. They sleds are shipped without any suspension at all so it sits as squat as possible.

I had this issue on one side of my 2015 Viper. I noticed it when adjusting the suspension after the first hundred miles. Mine was never in the holder so it didn't fall out. My dealer told me he never touched it during set up but did miss it not being correct. Maybe it was the same guy.....

Back