• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

saggy mono shock is this normal?

ps4020

Extreme
I was riding an 04 rx1 with an m-10 in it for the past 4 yrs and decided to get an 06 apex gt I notice the rear kinda sags when just sitting in the shop, I can lift up on it about 3 inches but as soon as I let go of it it drops back down about 3inches, its this normal? being I'm new to these mono shock skids, the guy I bought it from was about the same size as me.

any help would be great!!!

Thanks

ps4020 said:
I was riding an 04 rx1 with an m-10 in it for the past 4 yrs and decided to get an 06 apex gt I notice the rear kinda sags when just sitting in the shop, I can lift up on it about 3 inches but as soon as I let go of it it drops back down about 3inches, its this normal? being I'm new to these mono shock skids, the guy I bought it from was about the same size as me.

any help would be great!!!

Thanks
they do sag some,if you have the sled on dollies it will sag about 3 inches,don't know why but it does

ps4020 said:
I forgot to mention that it was on dollies, so then its more then likely normal then, right?
I would say it is normal,I had mine on dollies and it sagged about 4 inches, I then took it of the dollies (all of them skis,and track) and sat it on the ground and it barely sagged and inch. I think you are allright,but if you want try it without the dollies to see

It depends upon where the dollie is placed under the track. Try removing the dollies and then see if it is any different.

Check out the thread in my above post and check the pre-load or "sit in" adjustment.

took the dollies out and let it sit right on the ground and I have very little drop now, (learn something new everyday)!!!!!

Thanks everyone.

Back