• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Schmidt bros or thunder big venom

J-fuzzy

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper LTX
I’m tore between the two clutch kits. I have a 14 LTX viper. Bikeman can, 144 studs up the middle, air box mod and the ECU is on its way back from EVO 2.5. My last bit is what clutch it. I want low and mid range. Could care less about the top end. I’m not sure if they are a horse a piece or if one is truly better than the other?

I’m tore between the two clutch kits. I have a 14 LTX viper. Bikeman can, 144 studs up the middle, air box mod and the ECU is on its way back from EVO 2.5. My last bit is what clutch it. I want low and mid range. Could care less about the top end. I’m not sure if they are a horse a piece or if one is truly better than the other?
Thunder Products hands down, awesome low and midrange, pulls like a freight train and more top end too.

I'm happy with my TP clutch kit. Service was excellent and they had my weights dialed in on first try. That said, I'm sure Schmidt Bros. makes a nice kit also, I just don't have any experience with it.

Support our site sponsors and vendors guy's, they contribute a lot of wealth of knowledge to this site.:rocks:

I have the big venom kit.midrange is awesome over stock.don't think top end is any better.the service from thunder is outstanding.

Big Thunder, my sled didn't have the slow top end problem from the factory so not much help there but the Idle-upper midrange performance is awesome with the kit. I've run the kit with 8jp, gates carbon 8jp, and 8dn and it works good with all those belts.

Can’t go wrong with thunder, ulmer or dalton all are great upgrades .... Schmidt Bros uses stock fly weights and are a pain to adjust plus you can’t fine tune them as well ... just my .02

Back