• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Season Enders

Very cool! Been in those areas with SwissSledder before....awesome!

I was done two weeks ago , but had a great year 3200 miles , could have been more but have two girls that figure skate so that takes a lot of time ....

Love all the pics you posted !!!!!! ;)!

My last ride was April 6th which just happens to be my birthday. Did 30 miles with my old man. 2350 miles this year on my viper and with the exception of the rear shocks being rather poor it was a completely problem free winter! Can't wait until next winter and better yet having a turbo on my viper:)

Yamadog said:
Freelance

You should never be stuck in that XTX you have to learn to rock it and just pin it. Tis video was just outside of Baudette south of the rainy river.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAxIB1CdXMg

The snow was so heavy and wet you couldn't rock anything. It was like cement in the skid and you were 3-4 ft deep. All you could do was dig !!!

freelance nice to see pics of my home area of Kenora the trails were great this year yes the snow was very wet on the weekend im still going out at least one more time launch on clearwater bay and run lake of the woods

Ended the season in Cochrane Ontario. Trailered up there from Mississauga last Thursday. Friday morning it was -15 and trails were as hard as rock and not pleasant to ride, just west of kip water was running over the ice and we seen where all sleds turned around and went back.
We went around the bridge and trail was untouched all the way to hornepayne, we saw not one sled or track. Got to hornepayne and nowhere to stay for the night, decided to return to Hearst for the night. On the way back temperature went up to +5 and it snowed heavy for an hour or more just enough to make us wet, stopped in one of the new ofsc shelters, lit the stove and dried out and rested for 45 mins, left and returned to Hearst by9pm.
Next morning we decided to return to smooth rock, do the abitibi canyon and back to Cochrane to end the season. We were 22kms south of fraserdale when my bud blew something on his chaincase. I towed him to fraserdale, did the remainder of the canyon tour myself back to Cochrane and tailored up to fraserdale pick up the disabled sled.
We had another sled to bring back to Cochrane as the ski hooked into a thick steel plate crossing the dam and ripped it apart at the A arm.
I finished the season with just over 5400 kms on my new viper, season was spent at various places like parry sound...Huntsville...sudbury...haliburton...and three trips up to Cochrane, and one trip in mont Laurier Quebec.
Several new friends meet this year and look forward to next years riding season.

Back