• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seat Removal

BallsCasten

Extreme
What the sequence to removing the seat on a '06 RTX? I have the RepairPro manual but don’t see any screws or clips.

Remove the rear fascia trim below the taillight bezel around & over the rear bumper ( 2 bolt inside the tunnel on either side) Remove the tailight bezel (2 large black screws either side of taillight). Remove nuts from 2 long hooked bolts that go through 2 flanges on the exhaust heat shield on either side of the taillight. Lift up and pull back. The front only has 2 prongs that slide under the lip of the gas tank. The tailight wiring disconnect is on the left side under the body panel ( 1 screw into rear of gas tank)

another explanation:

1: remove lower two two allen screws on each red colored exhaust shield (red plastic). the top ones just spin. They are not connected to metal. Don't worry about them.

2: unscrew rear black plastic exhaust panel below taillight. I think there are two philips screws holding this. It takes a bit of force and wiggling to get it free.

3. Seat has two 10mm nuts attatched to threaded rod j-hooks (that hold seat to sled). I needed a deep well 10mm socket to get these nuts off.

4. pull seat towards the rear of the sled just a bit and disconnect the tail light wiring. Mine was located on the right hand side of the sled (right side if you're sitting on the sled). The socket was up under the right side of the gas tank cover plastic. I pulled it down using the exposed tail light wiring and unplugged it. Then you can remove the seat.

Back