• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seat repair

SAB1

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE
2010 Vector GT
2006 Apex
Very small (5/8") tear in very back of Apex seat right on the edge. Thinking of stitching and then coating with some sort of plyable rubber compound. Any other ideas/products you have used?

SAB1 said:
Very small (5/8") tear in very back of Apex seat right on the edge. Thinking of stitching and then coating with some sort of plyable rubber compound. Any other ideas/products you have used?

I unstapled stretched and restapled my old seat once to get a tear out of sight, under the edge of the seat. Worked fine. The fabric is very stretchy.

It's either rtv or rvt..can't remember but it black gasket silicone. Works mint

I thought of that rtv. Will check it out. Shoe goo would work slick, just wish they had it in black. Will check the 3m also. Thanks for all replies

Snowmobileaddict said:
SAB1 said:

I unstapled stretched and restapled my old seat once to get a tear out of sight, under the edge of the seat. Worked fine. The fabric is very stretchy.

Interesting, I got one on the edge(tip) of the seat in the rear and one tiny one on the bottom edge of the seat. Just wondering since theyre on the edge that once the staples are removed and then the fabric is pulled creatin more pressure im sure it would tear

Back