• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

seat time with the tied setup??

it seems high perf has the best price I have found. I think the non friend price is right around 700. I'm a trail rider so the top end isn't real important. backshift is pretty crazy huh? :Rockon:

How is your gas mileage with the tied setup? I heard rumor that with the awesome back shift comes really bad gas mileage. Thank you

I only have seat time on the Tied setup, I did not do any side by side testing as I just got it installed last night and rode it about 40 miles. Initial impression is it is very responsive and maybe slightly faster than our standard Stage 1 clutch kit or the TSS-04 Team setup I had on previously. The throttle response/backshift is great on it.

I just installed a Team Tied on my 2002 SRX. I have been using a TS-04 for a couple seasons. The Tied clutch is one HIGH QUALITY clutch and a bit beefier then the TS-04.
I have yet to dial this clutch in but already it is performing very well. One thing I like about it is I am running much lighter springs then I needed before and it is still back shifting great with no belt slip. I am going to have to lighten the final spring pressure on my primary spring or throw some more weight at it as I still have an over rev, even with a 16 degree increase in the helix.[compared to the TS-04]

sideshowBob said:
I just installed a Team Tied on my 2002 SRX. I have been using a TS-04 for a couple seasons. The Tied clutch is one HIGH QUALITY clutch and a bit beefier then the TS-04.
I have yet to dial this clutch in but already it is performing very well. One thing I like about it is I am running much lighter springs then I needed before and it is still back shifting great with no belt slip. I am going to have to lighten the final spring pressure on my primary spring or throw some more weight at it as I still have an over rev, even with a 16 degree increase in the helix.[compared to the TS-04]

Do you find the lighter springs help keep the cruise rpms low?? Did you find either of the team setups to cruise at a higher rpm than stock setups?? Just wondering if theirs a big difference? Thanks

justinator said:
sideshowBob said:

Do you find the lighter springs help keep the cruise rpms low?? Did you find either of the team setups to cruise at a higher rpm than stock setups?? Just wondering if theirs a big difference? Thanks

Setting these Teams up has been a bit of a challenge but not in a bad way. My cruise RPMs are close to stock[maybe 300-500 rpm lower] but I have set it up that way. I have found these Teams like to upsift but not as much as some rollers I have tried. When they need to, the backshift is seamless.

sideshowBob said:
justinator said:
sideshowBob said:

Setting these Teams up has been a bit of a challenge but not in a bad way. My cruise RPMs are close to stock[maybe 300-500 rpm lower] but I have set it up that way. I have found these Teams like to upsift but not as much as some rollers I have tried. When they need to, the backshift is seamless.

okay thanks, I was just wondering because I order a tied conversion for my xtx but was hoping the cruise rpms werent going to be wayyy higher than stock because I already cruise a little higher since I geared down for the bigger track. Thanks again

Srxspec said:
I only have seat time on the Tied setup, I did not do any side by side testing as I just got it installed last night and rode it about 40 miles. Initial impression is it is very responsive and maybe slightly faster than our standard Stage 1 clutch kit or the TSS-04 Team setup I had on previously. The throttle response/backshift is great on it.

Allen, Will you have a TIED setup configured for your mods... Excell, K&N's etc...

for those of you who have installed on a nytro........How many of the gold washers did you end up installing on the jackshaft to get the correct alignment?

I don't have the exact number of washers needed, but here is a picture.

FXNytroTEAM012.jpg

Srxspec said:
I don't have the exact number of washers needed, but here is a picture.

FXNytroTEAM012.jpg

They sent me 13 I think but the instructions were included for both the tss-04 and the tied and I think they said to start with 8 on the tss and 6 on the tied. You have more than that for sure. Guess maybe I'll have to wait for the bar to see for sure.

It is going to depend if you have the revised bearing flange, the new revised flange you will have to use 3-4 more washers (.020" thick) to get the correct offset. Because the revised flange is .080" offset more towards the chain case allowing the brake rotor snap-ring to be applied completely. Some are getting by with the orginal flange so you will probably get many differnet answers. I will count mine and get back to you.

Back