• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary Jackshaft

yamaha06

VIP Member
Does anyone know if the Thundercat secondary jackshaft is the same as the sidewinder jack shaft? I had a company remove the bearing from the shaft and they ended up screwing up the splined section on the secondary side. The end of the shaft was swelled, looks like they may have hit it with a hammer. So they tried to grind the splines down and clean them up. The secondary seems to slide on but they seem to kind of stick when going through the helix.
I ordered a new shaft from the dealer and it was back ordered, was supposed to come in today but now they are telling me maybe Feb.3

No they are different on the end we’re the secondary clutch goes because of the Yamaha vs Cat clutches

Have you tried to order the shaft assembly that comes with the mount and bearing?

I bet Travis @ Barn of Parts has one. Give him a call.

Well I filed the splines some more and the secondary now slides on the splines right to the snap ring nice and smooth. Doesn’t seem to be any play between the clutch and shaft so I maybe good now.
Not sure with the way the shaft was swelled a bit and filing if it would be a hair shorter than it once was but I don’t think it will really matter.

Does anyone know if the Thundercat secondary jackshaft is the same as the sidewinder jack shaft? I had a company remove the bearing from the shaft and they ended up screwing up the splined section on the secondary side. The end of the shaft was swelled, looks like they may have hit it with a hammer. So they tried to grind the splines down and clean them up. The secondary seems to slide on but they seem to kind of stick when going through the helix.
I ordered a new shaft from the dealer and it was back ordered, was supposed to come in today but now they are telling me maybe Feb.3

Be careful whom you let work on your sled, lots of knuckle heads out there. They obviously beat on the shaft with a hammer. Next time ask them to press it off.

Different shaft ,different bearing.
https://ty4stroke.com/threads/jack-shaft-sw.154170/page-2

Be careful whom you let work on your sled, lots of knuckle heads out there. They obviously beat on the shaft with a hammer. Next time ask them to press it off.
X2.
Or it works pretty good whit this home made tool. Cold shaft and bearing, little heat on the brace.
98D9D356-6F8F-42D8-A627-7E123A68A8AF.jpeg

yes exactly, I could of beat it off with a hammer at my house, they were supposed to press is off but that obviously didn’t happen. Live and learn!

Just a quick question. I noticed when putting the jack shaft back in, the two gold bolts that hold the mount on. The bottom bolt has a hose that is touching the nut on the backside. I would assume it’s fine and shouldn’t rub at all since nothing should be moving back there.

Attachments

• C6D41B93-610C-426A-AA07-E04235AC7DFF.jpeg
    C6D41B93-610C-426A-AA07-E04235AC7DFF.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 80
IMO, should be ok as long as it's secure in the holder so it doesn't flop around.

Just a quick question. I noticed when putting the jack shaft back in, the two gold bolts that hold the mount on. The bottom bolt has a hose that is touching the nut on the backside. I would assume it’s fine and shouldn’t rub at all since nothing should be moving back there.
Hose is just the gas tank vent anyhow

Back