• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Serious Gains for a stock Nytro. Hindle and Hurricane

mach9 said:
We did run on the dyno a few times below 5000rpm to correct the AF with the PCV. We had to make big chages to the map down low. On snow from 0 when the clutch engages (ah what 3000rpm? my stupid digital rpm screen can't tell me with any accuracy) at full throttle it launches hard. Definite hp in the lower rev range. Afterall... We opened up the intake and exhaust big time. With 18+ hp gain, obviously this is flowing a ton more air across the entire rpm range.
Good Stuff!!!
im stuck in the 2 stroke era where sometimes more airflow didn't mean more power in lower rpm ranges ..thus the power valve motors gave us the best of both worlds.
thanks for your honest reviews..im almost convinced..lol :yam: :yam:

amidon said:
I've developed a pc5 map thru 10 trim sessions on an atune. This setup has been tested now for 1200km in the field by myself and it flyes.

Sounds great...
I got to open it up down a plowed road tonight.
Saw 177kph on the dream meter and was still pulling before I had to back off. Barely could break past 158 last year.
Cheers

mach9 said:
amidon said:
I've developed a pc5 map thru 10 trim sessions on an atune. This setup has been tested now for 1200km in the field by myself and it flyes.

Sounds great...
I got to open it up down a plowed road tonight.
Saw 177kph on the dream meter and was still pulling before I had to back off. Barely could break past 158 last year.
Cheers

Nice 110mph...

Somebody started a thread lastnight stating that they seen 110 to 115mph in 1000' with a full Hindle system, air box mod, 22 tooth upper gear, and pc5 w/ autotune and was imediatley slammed and called a liar. The thread has been removed even though it was verified on GPS. After reading this thread I don't think it was BS. Seems there are some significant top speed gains to be had with this system. What RPM are these systems running at top see these speeds.

dubla92 said:
Somebody started a thread lastnight stating that they seen 110 to 115mph in 1000' with a full Hindle system, air box mod, 22 tooth upper gear, and pc5 w/ autotune and was imediatley slammed and called a liar. The thread has been removed even though it was verified on GPS. After reading this thread I don't think it was BS. Seems there are some significant top speed gains to be had with this system. What RPM are these systems running at top see these speeds.

hmmmm 1000 feet. I don't think that will happen, but you can definetly achieve those numbers.

I wondered about the 1000' too but i did not think that the MPH was unachievable. I think it was yurk that said the #'s were complete bs. I tend to disagree. Piped sx's and stock srxs will pull those speeds and they are about the same hp and weight as a modded nytro.

JM.02

hopefully he will post about it on here..maybe a pic of the gps readout..or a vid. I know some guys don't believe in the Hindle system...but it has been proven to work with the right mods..proven to have huge gains and no losses...not sure why guys just won't believe others on here...we are here to help each other.

NsNyTro said:
What is the Airbox mod everyone is running???
110mph in 1000 feet...sign me up!!! LoL

You have to ask Dave @ Hurricane for the mod...all I can say is it made a 6hp difference on the dyno....but that was also with the full Hindle system...they kinda go hand and hand.

shaddow44 said:
NsNyTro said:
What is the Airbox mod everyone is running???
110mph in 1000 feet...sign me up!!! LoL

You have to ask Dave @ Hurricane for the mod...all I can say is it made a 6hp difference on the dyno....but that was also with the full Hindle system...they kinda go hand and hand.
Well do they Mod the airbox itself or just use Filters?

dubla92 said:

177kph on a road at night happend very quickly. I had to back off.
I will get to a lake for a real run sooner or later. I'm still running stock clutch and I have not yet hit the rev limiter.

Daranello said:
U can hit a 110mph stock. Not in a 1000ft. But they will hit 110 in stock form

Daranello, you seem to be one of the few that could ever hit 110+ stock.
And I wonder how long it took to get there? A complete lake maybe?

Back