• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Service Bulletin: A-arm nut backing out

No poor dealer set-up. Its from factory. Bad lock nut.. I have seen the service bulletin from yamaha on this issue and it tells to check and tightnen the nut if loose and that this should be done on every service.

Sounds like a bad factory setup! At least I dont have to worry about mine because I cant ride it unless we get some snow.

So snowcat7 how many miles on the hyfax change. You should tell your wife to stay out of the mud!!lol :drink:

The steering ball joint nut came loose on mine, there is a service bulletin out according to my dealer to check these out and locktite them. My steering was getting very loose. The locktite fixed it for now at least.

WOW! I THOUGH MINE WAS JUST DUMB. I WAS PULLIN MINE OFF THE TRAILER AND MY BUDDIE NOTICID IT. IT WAS ALL BUT FALLIN OFF!!!! THAT COULD HAVE BEEN A PAIN A FEW MILES DOWN THE ROAD. DEFINATLY CHECK IT EVERYTIME NOW.

no4smoke said:
Sounds like a bad factory setup! At least I dont have to worry about mine because I cant ride it unless we get some snow.

So snowcat7 how many miles on the hyfax change. You should tell your wife to stay out of the mud!!lol :drink:

It had only 228 miles on it. I would like to blame it on her but she hasn't rode it yet. I have been breaking it in for her(wink wink). She is going for the first time this weekend.

phazer steering loose

i brought in my phazer to get my hand warmer fixed and the dealer found out that my steering was loose, they said if i rode it again it was going to fall apart, they have had many phazers come in with the same problem though, i'll find out the details tomorrow of what actually was coming loose, just wondering if anyone else had this problem, oh ya lost my front emblem as well

Re: phazer steering loose

fletch83 said:
i brought in my phazer to get my hand warmer fixed and the dealer found out that my steering was loose, they said if i rode it again it was going to fall apart, they have had many phazers come in with the same problem though, i'll find out the details tomorrow of what actually was coming loose, just wondering if anyone else had this problem, oh ya lost my front emblem as well

I lost my front emblem to, only problem so far. I can live with that. Not ready to give up my Doo just yet... need a few more HP.

just finished doing the first oil change this weekend and found the engine mount bolt (closest to the filter) has lost the nut, luckly I had a 12mm nut on hand, i loc tited it back up so it should be good now

both of mine, right and left, have fallen of now. i thought the first time it was some sort of freak accident. Then it happened to the other side this weekend. at that point i figured that something was up. so i checked on here and sure enough it is an issue.

oh yeah i lost my front emblem as well and i would have lost my rear reflector too if a didnt notice it hanging on by a thread when i was riding behind my buddy who was driving it at night. does yamaha tighten anything down? :tg:

Back