• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sheave question...Plz help

Snowman35

Extreme
Country
USA
With my sled slightly elevated off the ground my secondary sheave turns (w/track) as does the brake cylinder on the other side. This is at idle. Is this a common thing while elevated or does it need to be corrected? and how if so?

With your belt distance/tension set properly the track should just ever so slowly creep with the track off the ground.
If the track turns the same RPM as the engine clutch then the belt is too tight. If you get a belt squeal when the sled is idling with track on the ground the belt is also too tight.

How do you loosen belt if too tight? I have in fact heard some squealing as well
On the back side of the secondary clutch sheave there are three 8mm head bolts. There should be one washer under each bolt. Removing the washer decreases belt tension[makes it sit lower in secondary clutch]. Typically you remove the washers with a new belt and insert them with a slightly worn belt.

Back