• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shootout

IMO, Cat has a history of missing their clutch setups by a mile. Unfortunately, most/many dealers these days don't have anyone that really knows how to tune. When I first got my TCat, the clutching as several grams too light for sure.
Okay I’m not the only one that scratched my head with cats over the years. And it seems they are always light on weights! Always. High revs past the power band. :o|

Well only skidoo and cat had sleds there. Only manufacture to show at snodeo was Polaris with few bags to show and 1 850 xcr.

They only ran 600’ which is where the 998 would run away from the Mach. Also Yamaha has all but 1 year been 1/4-1/2 second and 4-5mph faster than the thundercat.

The thundercat was faster in stock form. After dealer could play with things then the Mach nosed the thundercat out.

New clutches on thundercat as well and with no srx there to compare we don’t know if that’s good or bad.

Bottom line is a bunch of over confidant mach z on the lakes and fields this winter not realizing that they just maxed out the mach in 600’ and the last half was all snow flap.

New primary clutch for cat this year. Always been a cat guy and will continue BUT their clutch setups stock are not the best. The 21 8000 cat is short 4-6 grams easy. The thing bangs off the rev limiter in stock form. Not good for a motor. Not saying this is the case with the 22 t cat but if I had to guess some clutch work on setups on this “new” primary will be the ticket. No offense at all. By the way my cabin has tons of Cat posters all over the walls!
I heard the AC dealer couldn’t do anything with the new clutch for dealer prep as there was nothing available yet for the new clutches.
Stock for stock out of the box the Thundercat beat the Mach Z on quickest time and the Mach won the higher speed at 660ft. I guess one will have to decide what’s more important. ‍♂️ The T-Cat comes off the line flat, straight and well planted and was quicker to 660ft. The Mach wants to flip over backwards and ran a slower eta but a higher speed.
Watch my Part 1 of the shootout tomorrow morning on YouTube at 5am Eastern time (Mon 12/13)

Tcat had best et yes. What's funny though is these shootouts started out as 1/4mile for the longest time then they became 1000ft and now 660ft. Why?

Attachments

• 659971552_22shootoutturbos.jpg.cca460133cb9daa8db6d0f41f236ef20.jpg
    659971552_22shootoutturbos.jpg.cca460133cb9daa8db6d0f41f236ef20.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 129
That t cat was out.of wack with the new clutch .
Last year it was faster...habah

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211212-232339_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20211212-232339_Messages.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_20211212-232355_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20211212-232355_Messages.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 124
In all my years of racing only ET counted.
Stock out of the box the T-Cat wins just like I predicted.
It blows my mind that a HEAVY TANK of a sled could be faster....:oops:

In addition, it appears that the the Doo prep run improvement was most likely the result of them attempting to keep the front end down.(which is what they should be doing to improve ET).

Just watched some of the video. How can a sled that pulls a 3-foot wheelie for 200 ft not be faster....?
Even the commentator reaction was whoah WOW !!
LOL

Back