• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should I buy a Phazer????

Ruckus said:
I tipped mine over twice in one day, fell off it a couple of times, busted my shin on the foot hook, then all the 07 problems happened. Then I learned how to ride it. Then nobody could keep up on the rough trails. Then nobody could jump as far, drop as high or go as fast through the sh!ttiest conditions. Then I noticed that it cost me 1/2 in fuel/oil than everybody else and I didn't stink at the end of the day. I would like more top end at times but I can't imagine riding anything else. I have ridden lots of other sleds and they all seem antiquated compared to the Phazer.

Well said.Just go have fun with your Phazer.Everytime you ride it you will have more fun.Then all of a sudden with time you will find you are having fun and kicking butt.Dont push it to do as other sleds because its not like most others just ride your own pace and it will teach you all the while you will be grinning ear to ear.

Well I went and looked at an 07 Phazer and was disappointed with the condition it was in. I have decided to switch my search towards an RX-1 or Vector. The only reason for the switch in sleds is due to the fact that I like to take my kids for rides with me and I am afraid the Phazer won't be very practical for this. My son is 7 and daughter is 5.

I take my 10 and 8 year olds for rides all the time.They like it better than the SRX because they can standup so easily.By looking at it you would think double on a Phazer would not be possible but it is as long as its kids.I will post a pic of kid on back of mine.

Boo Rad said:
QUADSCRIB said:
I sure hope that I dont have the 07 issues...sequencially mine is the 1198th Phazer .....EVER and I bought it last spring w/ literally 450.3 miles on it. Im hoping for the best (what else can I do?) but Im nervous

I got #381, made 6/06 and have not had any problems yet. If you worry too much, it will affect how much fun you have with it. I beat mine like a rented mule and couldnt be happier with it.

Yah mine was built 8/06 and usually in my life the "usual" things dont happen anyways.... usually its the "never seen that before....gonna be expensive" $hit that happens lol.... Trust me Im riding it like I stole it!!
I love it more and more EVERY ride!!

Here is pic.It actually is very comfortable at reasonable speeds.Both daughters love riding and have taken oldest 10year old on many 100mi rides around here.She is just as excited as me to see the trails open.

Attachments

• 10yr old on Phazer 001 (Medium).jpg
    10yr old on Phazer 001 (Medium).jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 136
QUADSCRIB said:
I sure hope that I dont have the 07 issues...sequencially mine is the 1198th Phazer .....EVER and I bought it last spring w/ literally 450.3 miles on it. Im hoping for the best (what else can I do?) but Im nervous

I was a bit nervous last year, but by the end of the season I was loving it. A lot of 'english' is required and cant wait to play. Mine is also an 07, but the dealer has been good about updates, etc. AND the people on this forum are full of information. Only complaint: Cold hands---Rock's hand warmers took care of it. Got about 1000 miles last year. The first 2 trips took forever because of the break in period though

i had the stock windshiels on my fx and it was fine. and hit 96 mph on a dirt road, i had a hartman clutch kit. 96 studs. i was also 14 at the time and under 100 pounds

Well guys, I picked up a 07 Phazer fx today, first thing I did was dropped it off at the dealer for a oil change. The sled has 950 miles on it and is in real nice shape. It has a epi clutch kit, fmf pipe and 96 studs in the stock track. I can't wait to try it out. I may ask a lot of questions in the future so please be patient with me as this is my first 4 stroke sled.

cannondale27 said:
Here is pic.It actually is very comfortable at reasonable speeds.Both daughters love riding and have taken oldest 10year old on many 100mi rides around here.She is just as excited as me to see the trails open.

Nice... but I hope you don't lose her off the back (lol).

Blkmax600,
Why not just buy the VL/MP if you want to ride double and you could probably even fit two kids on there? They are not so nimble as the Phazer but still fun to ride!

I agree Phazer is just good for those little fun rides with the kids.But not bad at all.I never lost one.LOL!Its just nice to be able to do it and keep speed way down and enjoy the views.Nice change of pace and kids love it as much as I do.Wont be long and oldest will have her own.

Anyway congrats blkmax600.You will have a blast with this sled!

Thanks cannondale, you are right when I ride with the kids it is diffiently a slower pace than riding with the guys.

Shouldv gotten a FX Nytro. In my opinion way more fun and more comfortable. but have fun

had an 07 fx. liked the sled and it topped out at 92 mph on speedo on packed lake, 96mph on road, 89 mph on groomed trail. with 96 studs and hartman clutch kit, gained 4mph on trail...?

Back