• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should I buy a Phazer????

Just an add on for your consideration. I ride groomed trails and a good day for me where I'm happiest by saying that was a good ride is about 250 miles. It's reliable, only common complaint I heard and experienced was the starter issue, so get an updated one. Other thing I wish it had was a bigger gas tank as when your riding with some other machines they may not fill up as often. If your with cat or polaris riders don't worry, they will be stopping before you. I do some night riding and most stations close 8pm in small towns and this has to be factored in when making it home on the last tank of gas.

Thanks for the info guys. Phazerron you sound like the same type of rider as I am, a good day is 250 miles a better day is 300+. I ride mostly the interlake as well as Whiteshell and Nopoming areas. All trips start from my back yard in the Lockport area.

What is the range of the fuel tank? ( How many miles in between fill ups?)

get thevin and goto a dealer theywill tell you if its been updated if not ask if it can imo and good luck

oh and wait two weeks to say if ya like it,thats how long it took me but i gave up an extra 80hp when i got mine so it may be different for you

My previous sled was a 2001 SXR 700, loved that sled, it never let me down. I sold it with 11,000 miles on it. Now it is time to go 4 stroke.

The Phazer has a leaning curve. Up to that point you'll probably hate it. After that point you'll absolutely love it.

dropping down from a 2 stroke 700. You will notice a deffinate difference. I agree to what ruckus said. I have 3 different sleds, each have different qualities. Of the 3 my favourite is the 05 MXZ. What I want and hope for from the phazer is reliabiltiy and the longer life of the 4 stroke.

On most trails on the phazer I'm fine. On some of the tighter corners in the belair and heading to the whiteshell once you get a fair distance past elma I have to slow it down in the corners when I'm sith certain riders. However I have a tendancy to put them in the speed people. I sled with various groups and the phazer does well in the other clasifications of riders.

Of the 3 sleds, cat ZL, MXZ and Phazer you need more to interact the most on the Phazer.

i came from a zl800 it had 151hp if i remember correctly and i went to the
Phazer. At the beging i felt like the power was lacking A LOT but once i got comfortable on the sled and realized what it could do in the corners i dont miss the 800 one bit. With my RTX last night i was ridign up and over snowbanks. im sure my 800 could not have done that... Im sure you would have fun wit hthe phazer

Ruckus said:
The Phazer has a leaning curve. Up to that point you'll probably hate it. After that point you'll absolutely love it.

Agreed, I was hating mine last night (really my first real ride on it) but about 1 pass up and down the ditches I was stoked!!! I LOVE my Phazer!!!

I tipped mine over twice in one day, fell off it a couple of times, busted my shin on the foot hook, then all the 07 problems happened. Then I learned how to ride it. Then nobody could keep up on the rough trails. Then nobody could jump as far, drop as high or go as fast through the sh!ttiest conditions. Then I noticed that it cost me 1/2 in fuel/oil than everybody else and I didn't stink at the end of the day. I would like more top end at times but I can't imagine riding anything else. I have ridden lots of other sleds and they all seem antiquated compared to the Phazer.

I sure hope that I dont have the 07 issues...sequencially mine is the 1198th Phazer .....EVER and I bought it last spring w/ literally 450.3 miles on it. Im hoping for the best (what else can I do?) but Im nervous

QUADSCRIB said:
I sure hope that I dont have the 07 issues...sequencially mine is the 1198th Phazer .....EVER and I bought it last spring w/ literally 450.3 miles on it. Im hoping for the best (what else can I do?) but Im nervous

I got #381, made 6/06 and have not had any problems yet. If you worry too much, it will affect how much fun you have with it. I beat mine like a rented mule and couldnt be happier with it.

Back