• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

shut down noise 09 rtx

faithfullyamaha

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 phazer rtx
Recently went through my air box and everything to prep for season. The sled is running great however when I shut down the sled there is a noise that will persist three or four seconds after shut down. It almost had the same sound as a leaky tire. I was thinking vacuum leak except for other than the sound the sled runs perfect.

any codes pop up?
check oil line breather and 2 vac lines on top of airbox maybe.

any codes pop up?
check oil line breather and 2 vac lines on top of airbox maybe.
no codes no check engine light those lines have been checked multiple times. I'll be able to post a video tmrw with the sound

I'd be curious. do you kinda know where the sound is coming? front under tank out back?

just a thought, might be from the snow on heat exchanger underneath melting??

I'd be curious. do you kinda know where the sound is coming? front under tank out back?

just a thought, might be from the snow on heat exchanger underneath melting??
I wouldn't think it would be any evaporation off of the heat exchanger I haven't ran it long enough to do anything like that. There's minimal snow here as of right now. Sounds like a noise from the engine compartment. I'm going to double check the return line on the gas tank though

Coincidentally, there is a thread over in the RS section about a "hissing sound" when shutting the sled down. One of the Nytro guys said it is a, "symptom of a dry sump oiling system." Does the Phazer have a dry sump oiling system as well?

Coincidentally, there is a thread over in the RS section about a "hissing sound" when shutting the sled down. One of the Nytro guys said it is a, "symptom of a dry sump oiling system." Does the Phazer have a dry sump oiling system as well?
yeah it does

Are you sure its not just the fan on the radiator spinning down? When I went from the 07 Phazer without the fan it caught me off guard when I heard that fan on the 09. Just a thought...

the noise just stopped. we got a decent amount of snow here and when I stopped to gas up I shut down the sled and the noise was gone.
its kindof a relief but I still would have liked to know what caused it.

Back