• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Belt Blowing

I tried a complete set up from thunder product they gave me a 2nd gen black orange snapped a belt in half. Instantly snapped a belt. Coming over a high speed nole backing off and back on “snap” went back to the purple and been happy since
I think tp is only orange spring as I recall. Dalton is black Orange.

I had a dalton B/O in my pile on the shelf and they told me that would work with the setup they were selling me when I bought my weights. I’ve run it some prior to snapping the belt. Never really likes it and still don’t

6/2

With heavy hitters at 75.6 set up from thunder. Not sure how the they are loaded tip/ heal wise

My Razorback gauge reads around170/ 200

Push it hard and it climbs higher but with this set up I have yet to blow a belt and it is insane to drive 270 hurricane
Do you know where you wraped your sec epi spring at ?

I haven’t twisted it for a long time is that like I’m at 8 and your at 1

I guess what I’m asking is that more twist than 6/2 or less

Have a new LTX-SE with turbo dynamics stage 2, 275tune. Snapping belts every 60 miles. Last LTX (2019, same tune) would blow belts 60-100 miles.....before it caught fire( another story).....Have a deadly dealer that works with me but is 2hrs drive.
I'm going to have to figure this out myself....and with the help of you guys/gals hopefully.
Dalton quick adjust weights
'Primary -green/white/green
Secondary-white/white
Belts are ripping like they've been cut with a knife. Heading out to check deflection now.

Cheers

Belt alignment get a Hurricane tool or borrow one is the first step

Have a new LTX-SE with turbo dynamics stage 2, 275tune. Snapping belts every 60 miles. Last LTX (2019, same tune) would blow belts 60-100 miles.....before it caught fire( another story).....Have a deadly dealer that works with me but is 2hrs drive.
I'm going to have to figure this out myself....and with the help of you guys/gals hopefully.
Dalton quick adjust weights
'Primary -green/white/green
Secondary-white/white
Belts are ripping like they've been cut with a knife. Heading out to check deflection now.

Cheers
It’s not deflection if you’re snapping belts. You need more secondary spring or wrapped tighter EPI purple spring or equivalent wrapped at 0-1 and you won’t blow belts. My first season with the sled I went thru like 10 belts in 5000 kms @270 hp. My last ultimax I changed at 6000kms when jt was starting to crack. Currently @2500kms on an ultimax

Back