• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder steering slop cures?

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 8.04.21 AM.png
OFT Racing list their blocks as a replacemet for OEM Part Numbers - 8JP-F3812-00-00 & 8JP-F3812-10-00

This part number is for 2014 - 2016 Vipers
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 7.53.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 7.52.27 AM.png

The 2020 SW and Viper both use OEM Part Numbers - 8KG-F3812-00-00 & 8KG-F3812-10-00

Viper.png
SW.png

WTF?! :o|:o|:o|

sadly, i have run into a few instances where the yamaha part number on the website was incorrect, or a certain acessory did not fit my 2020 xtx se....right on the yamaha website, luckily my dealer took back the 400$ part.... I have also seen where a yamaha part number gets superceded to the point where when you order something and something unrelated shows up (think shock bushing and they send you a chain...). it is the reality when a company does a mass update to part numbers/revisions unfortunately. Hopefully everything turns out for you Maine, A competent machine shop should be able to whip something up cheaply for you, and at worst, drop me a DM if it doesnt fit and you dont want it, ill buy it from you and machine something to make it work.

Maine, part number 7 is taller, everything else is the same. We made 1/2" thick aluminum blocks (1 1/2 x 2 3/4). Remove nut #8, install block reinstall nut #8 and install your oft steering block. Its just one more step.

I opened the package and set these OFT parts over with the other things I will be tinkering with on my sled then went our to West Yellowstone to ride (rented sleds). It seems there is a piece in the package that might be the extra 1/2". I might install this Sunday and will see. Call OFT for a clarification I guess.

No need for banging heads I think.

Boy do I feel stupid! The first thing you should do when receiving a package is remove all contents...lol. Oh my lord, so I opened the box and the post were right on top. Pulled one out to start install...mistake as the 1/2" spacers were underneath the packing material. All good now. So now I stand by....its the same.

Good to hear this will definitely work for all of us, thanks everyone! ;)!

A lil help please.

I have the front clip off. The OFT block fits and snugs up a lot. Kind of a bitch to get the post out of the way. I had to loosen up the triple plenum to make way for that.
Regarding the Bellcrank bushing. I cannot budge the 17mm but my remaining slop is in the middle at the bellcrank (pivot-arm) bushings #3 that I have from Mainway. If I drop that long bolt out the bottom will I be able to pull up the pivot-arm enough to replace those bushings without taking anymore apart?
TIA
Jack

I have OFT blocks on top and the Mainway bushings on the bottom as well I installed the steering post support on both of my Viper. Very snug with no slop at all now. I recommend all the things and only took me an hour to do the second one. First was about three but I had trouble with a stripped/stuck bolt.

Yes you do. Drill the 10 rivets out using a ³/¹⁶" bit and it will come right out.

We used a high strength aluminum rivet.

Ok Thanks. And what are my options for the rivets besides ordering from Yamaha? I assume I need structural rivets?
I used stainless rivets. I believe Val from Mainway commented that he did the same. A pneumatic rivet gun is worth its weight in gold for this job. I picked a cheap one up at harbor freight

I used stainless rivets. I believe Val from Mainway commented that he did the same. A pneumatic rivet gun is worth its weight in gold for this job. I picked a cheap one up at harbor freight
anyone try a drill powered rivit gun ? any good ?

Back